Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
tell that to the ghost of Marley (Bob not Jacob) and the rest of the Rastafarians who died from lung cancer.
Bob Marley's cancer origionated on a tumor on his big toe. I think he refused to amputate his toe because of religious beliefs. So, the marijuana had nothing to do with his death. The cause of death was religion (mixed with cancer). :)

·
Premium Member
6,474 Posts
Marijuana preventing lung cancer sounds like a bit of a stretch.....

What exact Medical Journal did this come from?

I want to be able to find it in black and white...........on paper........written by Board Certified Medical Doctors specializing in the Pulmonary System....with cooberation from an Oncologist as well.

The medical edition of High Times doesn't count. :poke:
You won't find it in black and white because it's still an evil drug.

Do a quick search. The results are overwhelming. Most studies are done outside the United States.. So no Board Certified.

·
Registered
37 Posts
marijuana smoke has been shown to prevent lung cancer... Would rather everyone smoke that than cigs..
I don't know.... Last I heard, drawing ANY smoke into your lungs pretty much ain't what they were designed for... But hey, I'm not a Doctor.

Unless my amature gynocologist license counts.

As for the hybrid doing 100 mph... I don't trust the radar guns... I think it's a conspiricy to inflate ticket fines to pay for more powdered sugar donuts and caffine !!!

·
Premium Member
3,368 Posts
I think it is a secret ad campiagn from Toyota to show that their cars can be fast as well as economical. **** sneaky Toyota bastards!!!! This could also be how they show that they are down with the hippy community

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
I think it is a secret ad campiagn from Toyota to show that their cars can be fast as well as economical. **** sneaky Toyota bastards!!!! This could also be how they show that they are down with the hippy community
Goddamn Subversive Subcompact Loving Hippies!!!!

·
Registered
788 Posts
On Topic: What's so impressive about a Prius doing 100 mph?? It has a VERY low Cd and small tires giving it low rolling resistance too. 100 mph is NOT fast anymore. With that low Cd, it wouldn't take much HP to get to 100 mph. How long it takes to hit that mark is another matter.

Off Topic: Just because MJ might be "healthier" than cigs doesn't mean it's "healthy." In short: I'm for leagalizing it, but I still think it's stupid to do.

·
Premium Member
3,368 Posts
On Topic: What's so impressive about a Prius doing 100 mph?? It has a VERY low Cd and small tires giving it low rolling resistance too. 100 mph is NOT fast anymore. With that low Cd, it wouldn't take much HP to get to 100 mph. How long it takes to hit that mark is another matter.

Off Topic: Just because MJ might be "healthier" than cigs doesn't mean it's "healthy." In short: I'm for legalizing it, but I still think it's stupid to do.
The Prius doest have much horsepower. Thats why it is impressive. A Prius has 76hp with 82lb feet of torque. At highway speeds the electric motor of the Prius doesnt run. On a side note I dated a girl in high school that had a Chevy Sprint Turbo...top speed on that car was about 76mph if I remember correctly.

·
Registered
788 Posts
The Prius doest have much horsepower. Thats why it is impressive. A Prius has 76hp with 82lb feet of torque. At highway speeds the electric motor of the Prius doesnt run. On a side note I dated a girl in high school that had a Chevy Sprint Turbo...top speed on that car was about 76mph if I remember correctly.
Yep, and it didn't have near the Cd of the Prius. The prius has a Cd of of 0.26, second lowest in the automotive industry. Again, with that low of a Cd, it doesn't take a lot of power.

·
4,328 Posts
Yep, and it didn't have near the Cd of the Prius. The prius has a Cd of of 0.26, second lowest in the automotive industry. Again, with that low of a Cd, it doesn't take a lot of power.
+1

'Tis true. BTW I looked it up and the Prius as a speed limiter set for 104. It takes 39.6 seconds for the Prius to reach 100 and she'll blister the 1/4 mile with a 18.3 @ 76 mph pass.

-RZ

21 - 31 of 31 Posts