Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<span style="color:darkblue">I didn't see anything on www.sportcompactcarweb.com, but there's an article in Sport Compact Car about the 100 greatest sport compact cars of all-time. Number 11 was the 350Z. A few other Zs made the list. Number 1 was the EVO VIII</span>

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Interesting read. I like where the Z is at #11 but not sure how I feel about the EVO VIII at #1. Why is the R34 at #37??

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't know. I was confused too. The R32 did much better. I don't have it in front of me, but it was in the top 5 I believe. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Oh, and I'm sure plenty of people will wonder, number 2 was a Gen 4 Civic.

(My Si was 21)

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Yeah, I picked the mag up over the weekend and I was thinking they are going to get an isht load of letters on this. The R32 was 7.

I was just looking over it again and I saw the SRT 4 at number 16. How does this beat a Skyline R34?

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
I've started to notice something about SCC. Their opinions suck. They're great with technical stuff, but they have a very distorted view of what constitutes a badass car. I still read it (seen some good stuff in there about a clutch-type LSD and wheel/tire/offset for the Z), but I don't pay any attention to them when they start talking about what they think of certain cars (unless they're goo-gooing over the Z.)

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't know, I think SCC still does a good job. I see nothing wrong with them saying that a Focus can be a good car, or that they enjoyed driving a V-Spec. Not every sport compact car has to look/perform like the Z

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Well, after reading this issue, there are going to be alot of Evo and Srt-4 owners who are going to talk a lot of sht now that their cars were so highly ranked.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Sorry, I should have specified. It's mainly when they compare cars. I've seen them put some not-great cars above some really great ones. Sometimes they do a cost vs performance comparison that puts some unlikely cars at the top of the list, but that's understandable when you consider price. Eh, I don't know. I still love the mag.

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Gotcha. I definitely don't agree with them 100% of the time, but they definitely talk about more of the sh!t that I care about than anyone else. And unlike something like Import Tuner, they at least proofread the articles

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Funny thing, Import Tuner is owned by the same company, International Performance Group (I think that's the name.)

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yep, that they are. It's kinda like all the EA Sports games. You can always tell which ones get more money and a bigger staff working on them

1 - 12 of 12 Posts