Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,584 Posts
Its OK to be old dad, but old and bitter, must suck.
Seems you are in the minority here grand dad
Not bitter,like I said,I love fucking with your head.Not a grand dad yet,hope to be someday.

N

·
0 Posts
Not bitter,like I said,I love fucking with your head.Not a grand dad yet,hope to be someday.
Sorry Dad you are not quick witted enough to accomplish your goal. :nana:

·
Premium Member
3,584 Posts
Sorry Dad you are not quick witted enough to accomplish your goal. :nana:
My daughter was in your state 2 weeks ago.Her husbands bro.,has lung cancer,never has smoked.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
OK roflmao aside from dad's silly antics :p

If you legalize marijuana and heavily tax it, you know what will be likely to happen? There will still be people enraged at the prices to buy the weed, and the old black market starts up again, tax free weed, etc etc and we have a new problem on our hands. OK maybe not as bad as if it was still illegal period, but problem isnt solved.

And we cant go off on the topic of legalizing all drugs...... you cant seriously defend legalizing crack..... or heroine.... etc

·
Registered
541 Posts
i have to agree with legalizing pot. i see no reason to keep it illegal other than it would cramp the style of the drug lord mafia governments of mexico, central and south america. of course, they traffic all kinds of drugs, pot being merely only one (but big) bumper crop.

alcohol and cigarettes, IMHO, are FAR more lethal and impairing than pot. and, personally, i would not be any more apt to become a "pot head" were it legal. i can get it now illegally, and i almost never smoke it but on special occasions when it's around and i'm in good company. but that occasion is rare and special.

to smoke pot daily, while many do this, is really ridiculous and stupid. but many do it anyway. to do anything at an addictive level chemically is bordering on danger. and pot really demotivates me. i'm happy but lack ambition. but that is only me. some people are so high strung that pot is the only thing keeping them functional. or so they believe.

and by the way, cut the asanine banter in this thread. you know who you are. the language has gotten a bit tacky and over the top. i will ask nicely once for it to stop.

·
Premium Member
3,584 Posts
I'll have to correct myself I do have one regret.Although I believe "weed"should be legal.I wish I never had,period.My four year high,with "weed".Totally screwed me out of any job in Law Enforcement.To "experiment" is one thing,but repeated use is another.I may write jokes&laughs about weed,but there is no way to turn back the clock.Think before you do it,plan ahead,you'll be a lot better off.

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
There are all sorts of crutches for weak people, marijuana just happens to be one of them. If you don't have the willpower to put something down (cigarettes, alcohol, heroin, whatever) then you shouldn't have picked it up in the first place. I've been sober, smoked occasionally, and done it every day for months and it's never kept me from accomplishing all my goals. It's still the user's choice what direction they want to go with their lives. It's not addictive, just a habbit.

Nobody drives better when they are inebriated though. Seriously guys, be careful on the road. It's not just your lives. :thumbsup:

·
Administrator
16,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
You cannot deny the medical benefits yet our conservative government turns a blind eye to the facts in order to keep it very hard to get still.

According to one show I watched recently, in California it is legal to prescribe medicinal marijuana, however it is illegal to grow it. So it has to be grown illegally to sell to the medical centers that distribute it. Sounds like a very efficient government to me...

·
Registered
5,739 Posts
You cannot deny the medical benefits yet our conservative government turns a blind eye to the facts in order to keep it very hard to get still.

According to one show I watched recently, in California it is legal to prescribe medicinal marijuana, however it is illegal to grow it. So it has to be grown illegally to sell to the medical centers that distribute it. Sounds like a very efficient government to me...

It's an issue that neither party is gonna take up. I mean, if given the chance, I don't see legalizing marijuana being one the Dems platforms this election year or in '08.

I would say there is probably more opposition to it on the GOP side, but like I said, Hillary's not gonna be using that as an issue in '08.

N

·
0 Posts
:banghead: I dont think this issue is either Democratic or Republican. It has to do alot with people in our country wanting to protect you from yourself, they think they can do a better job of it than you can. :banghead:

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
:banghead: I dont think this issue is either Democratic or Republican. It has to do alot with people in our country wanting to protect you from yourself, they think they can do a better job of it than you can. :banghead:
:werd: People are scared of things they've never tried. It's easy to be sceptical and judge from the sidelines, but realistically it's not as harmful as it is made out to be. Compared to other illegal drugs marijuana is almost a joke.

·
Registered
627 Posts
But the fact is, the government WILL deny it because, to them, they do not have proof one way or another.

6) PROHIBITION DOESN’T WORK (PART II: DOES PROHIBITION CAUSE THE "GATEWAY EFFECT"?): U.S. and Dutch researchers, supported in part by NIDA, compared marijuana users in San Francisco, where non-medical use remains illegal, to Amsterdam, where adults may possess and purchase small amounts of marijuana from regulated businesses. Looking at such parameters as frequency and quantity of use and age at onset of use, they found no differences except one: Lifetime use of hard drugs was significantly lower in Amsterdam, with its "tolerant" marijuana policies. For example, lifetime crack cocaine use was 4.5 times higher in San Francisco than Amsterdam.
Although it is easy to draw a conclusion that the significantly lower use of crack cocaine in Amsterdam is specifically related to the fact that Pot is legal there, IMO, this is the same type of comparison that is made in point #8 about the implication of Pot being a gateway to harder drugs. It's just a convenient use of one fact to support another claim.

5) OOPS, MARIJUANA MAY PREVENT CANCER (PART I): Federal researchers implanted several types of cancer, including leukemia and lung cancers, in mice, then treated them with cannabinoids (unique, active components found in marijuana). THC and other cannabinoids shrank tumors and increased the mice’s lifespans.
So, when was the last time a pot smoker "implanted" THC and other cannabinoids into their body without the vehicle that drove it into their body being a junk-filled smoke?

4) OOPS, MARIJUANA MAY PREVENT CANCER, (PART II): In a 1994 study the government tried to suppress, federal researchers gave mice and rats massive doses of THC, looking for cancers or other signs of toxicity. The rodents given THC lived longer and had fewer cancers, "in a dose-dependent manner" (i.e. the more THC they got, the fewer tumors).
Again, how is this being administered to them? I doubt they have a joint lit and the rats come up and take a pull. Hmm...maybe a water-based bong? I'm not refuting the effects, just how the administration of the drug through a needle (or something similar) is made to sound like the rats smoked pot and were more healthy than the ones who didn't (which we all know is not the case).

1) MARIJUANA DOES HAVE MEDICAL VALUE: In response to passage of California’s medical marijuana law, the White House had the Institute of Medicine (IOM) review the data on marijuana’s medical benefits and risks. The IOM concluded, "Nausea, appetite loss, pain and anxiety are all afflictions of wasting, and all can be mitigated by marijuana." While noting potential risks of smoking, the report added, "we acknowledge that there is no clear alternative for people suffering from chronic conditions that might be relieved by smoking marijuana, such as pain or AIDS wasting."
I think this is the most important part of the whole thing that was cited. This is actually useful. To me, if you want it to be legalized, stop trying to show how "not bad" it is, and start showing what benefit it DOES have. I'm all for it being legalized, however, the fact that it is a huge fight now, makes me wonder.....if it is legalized, how many people will take that legalization as a blessing to abuse it?

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
And marijuana slows down your reflexes. So you're still impaired from driving.
I remember a study we learned as an example in my behavioral statistics class in college. It was on the effects of marijuana and alcohol on driving abilities. They had a course or something off-road with cones or something. With alcohol, the curve just shifted to the left (got worse). With marijuana, the average score remained the same, but the curve or distribution actually split where some got better and some got worse (increase in standard deviation). Very few were unaffected though. So, instead of a bell shaped curve, it was a double-humped looking distribution (there's a statistical term for that; I can't remember it). I still have the textbook at home, I can look it up if no one believes me.

·
Premium Member
2,233 Posts
Here in NV, it's leagal to posses and grow with a presciption. On this November's ballot, there's going to be a question regarding the legalization of marijuana for everyone. I know how I'll be voting, even though I've never touched the stuff.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts