Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On a night when I wasn't expecting to run anyone, I ended up in three races. The first was as I was leaving the AMC 30 in Mesquite, TX off of I-30 and I-635. By the way the Exorcist is pretty good. I was getting on the ramp to head south on 635 when someone began reving their engine and flashing me. When I pulled on to the freeway I got into the left lane and an Acura RSX pulls up next to me. He smiled and said on three. So he honks his horn 3 times and we punch it. We were going around 50-55 so I drop it in 3rd and immediately begin to pull on him nasty. By 4th I am a=over a car length on him and when I got to 5th I could see him in my rear view mirror. I slowed down and waited for him. He pulled up gave me a thumbs up and proceeded to exit at the next off ramp. I dropped my friend off and then went to Whataburger for a quit bite to eat. After that I headed to Deep Ellum (downtown Dallas) to cruise a bit. When I got there the cops had already began closing down streets and directing traffic. I made it through the maze of intersections and decided to head home.

I hit I-75 north and I begin to close in on a Mustang. I didn't think anything of it until I saw Cobra on the back. I grinned and pulled next to him and before I could signal him he punched it. He I did the same but he had a good car length on me before I had a chance to react. I slowly started to get up next to him and eventually pass him. We slowed down because of traffic and made our way through it. We pulled next to each other at 60 and I pulled up three fingers and he nodded. I honked three times and we both punched it. I dropped it into the 3rd and got 1/2 a car on him when i went to 4th, continued to pull on him and go into 5th. I had him by a car or car and 1/2 and we both slowed down. We exited on Park lane and pulled into the Dave N Busters. The first thing out of his mouth when I got out of my car was, "what the **** you have in that and how much you spraying?" I started laughing and told him it was fairy dust. He had an 04 40th year edition SVT cobra. He had an exhaust, headers, and a JLT cold air intake ( never heard of it ) before tonight. He was on stock rims and tires. I told him I would have never run him if I was stock cause he would have blown me away. Since he showed me his car it was fair I showed him mine. I opened the hood and I heard him say, "no wonder" I told him I don't spray, just had F/I. We talked a bit more and we took off.

I was driving home happy, thinking it was all over. :D I head south on 75 to go home as I had missed my exit racing the stang. I was being a "good" driver and driving the speed limit, well maybe 5 over and I see a car coming up on my left side. The surprise on my face when I saw it was another Z. He gave me a thumbs up and pulls on ahead, I said f%ck it, why not. I pull up to him and he starts to accelerate and I do the same leaving him pretty far back. I didn't get to see him again as I approached my exit. I came in feeling pretty good. It is rare I get to actually race on pretty open road as it was tonight. 3-0 isn't bad, I love my vortech.

Attachments

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by LBSOHK@Sep 5 2004, 12:14 PM
nice cobra kill , they run low - mid 13's correct ? what times do you run ?....
oh yea , Im pretty jealous too...

Have not ran on the track so I can't give you an honest answer

1 - 5 of 5 Posts