Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a O8 350 Z auto transmission that slips out of gear,engine light comes on, goes back into gear , englite goes out??? transmission has been replaced,same problem! any ideas!?!? Thanks!!!!

·
Super Moderator
1,322 Posts
Have you tried pulling codes from the ECM and BCM sections yet? What codes are showing up?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your reply! Battery dead no codes (when I got it) i will let you know when i run it again!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your reply! Battery dead no codes (when I got it) i will let you know when i run it again!
Have you tried pulling codes from the ECM and BCM sections yet? What codes are showing up?
Hey DKMURA GOT TWO CODES #1 po 031 o2sensor #2 po 1148 open loop. ?? I don’t think they have anything to do with tranz? Lite that comes on says check tranz Im stumped ,I thought you Gurus might have some ideas!! Thanks again!

·
Super Moderator
1,322 Posts
Both P0031 and P1148 relate to systematic failures of your exhaust system. It doesn't sound like your code reader is checking the BCM (body control module) section. How many miles are on your Z? When was the tranny replaced?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
130k miles and the tranz was replaced about a year ago, by Nissan alittle history about this car : i just bought the car from a friend of a friend! With the Tranz problem The original owner said the car ran good until he changed the COIL PACKS with after market ones ! In anycase he had tranz changed same problem! Doesn’t make sence to me but thats the story! I guess I’ll try to get a better scaner and see what the BCM has to say

1 - 7 of 7 Posts