Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey evveryone,
i jus ordered the '06 LED Taillights for my baby and hoping to get them put on by next week. The new LEDs should fit with no problems considering its the same housing but the wiring mite be different? Haha we'll see i guess...wish me luck
-john

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
look on my wiki page, you can see a pick of my 03 PPW with the 06's!!

the install is very easy, the 06's have only 1 plug - the plug that is not being used should just have some electrical tape placed over the exposed area

here is a how to from Frankmusic350z - 06 Tailight install on 03-05 Z

·
Registered
3,089 Posts

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
WOW....they look outrageous on the SB. I like the look and TPAICE said, they come on faster and are much brighter!

everyone tries to figure out what year Z I have, they are so confused!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Yeah those are really hot. I think they're the best looking 'non-ricer' LED tails for the 350. The JDM LED tails are kinda nice too, but they're leaning toward the whole euro/ricer look, which I want to stay miles away from. I wonder what the '07 tails will look like? IMO, Nissan did a **** good job with the '06. The '06 bi-xenons are almost perfect looking (aside from those bumps toward the top - wtf is that?), so maybe they won't change either for at least a few years... and soon enough we may be talking next generation Z, but that's a whole other post. :biggrin:

One of the hottest LED tails I've seen on a car are the '05 BMW M3 tails. A friend of mine has the car - they just fit perfectly with the car. The G35 has cool looking LED tails too, but the whole rear end of the car, including the shape of the tails, looks too mainstream. That's what I like the most about the 350z, it looks different than most cars, especially the tails - I love being unique while all these other lemmings are driving around in cars that look the same.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just traded in my Touring 03 and got a Grand Touring 06 - I just installed J-Spec clear tail lights and they look awesome. I'll post a pic soon. I had one problem though and I don't know if you'll have the same thing happen - the wiring harness on the car didn't fit for the new lights. It was weird, the slots were backwards. So I just swapped the harness' from my stock lights and plugged them into the J-spec lights - tada.

I'll sell my stock 06 LED tail lights if anyone's interested.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Hey Quiet Can you tell us you're opinion on how much better the HID lights are on the 06's compared to you're 03.

Iv'e heard that they are brighter but do you think they are worth it? There was a BIG discussion on this a while back and you're opinion would be highly appreciated.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I think they're a great improvement. First, they give the car the newer look it deserves and second, wether lit up or not the inner parts of the light look better than the old ones. As far as being worth it for the money, I think so but that's really your call. What's a few hundred bucks, right :)

·
Premium Member
6,474 Posts
I just traded in my Touring 03 and got a Grand Touring 06 - I just installed J-Spec clear tail lights and they look awesome. I'll post a pic soon. I had one problem though and I don't know if you'll have the same thing happen - the wiring harness on the car didn't fit for the new lights. It was weird, the slots were backwards. So I just swapped the harness' from my stock lights and plugged them into the J-spec lights - tada.

I'll sell my stock 06 LED tail lights if anyone's interested.

dude, i just want to give a shout out... YOU ROCK!!!

I got some slightly used '06 LED and you delivered all the way!! NO BULLSHIT, straight business!

:yourock: :shiftdrive:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts