Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dunno if it is only here in FL or its all over the country, but the 06 eclipse has been out for a while now, i barely, i mean rarely see anyone driving them. You ask people of what they think of the car, all they can tell you is how bad mitsu did the job, and how they are trying to make it a Z look a like but failed.
I have not seen this car on the streets yet enough, why is th reason do you think?

UGLY?
CHEAP?
MITSU?
PERFORMANCE?

whats the deal? i have not seen Mitsu do poor with the eclipse like the current model! :doh:

·
Administrator
16,332 Posts
all of the above.. the concept they had a few years back was like 4-500 hp.. compare that to the slow POS they are selling now and you will see why it has failed miserably.. aren't they bankrupt yet?

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the concept they had a few years back was like 4-500 hp
now that is one fake advertisment
it is barley in the mid 200hp with the GT model
i actually thought the 2003 models were extremely ugly, but i see it more on the road more than the current model.

·
Premium Member
4,917 Posts
all of the above..

+1... it's fugly and underpowered. actually when I was bored at lunch one day I went and test drove one just for the **** of it, i would never even consider getting one. There are much better options out there for the price range. I personally didn't like the last gen of the eclipse either, they should of stuck with the late 90s one.

·
Registered
798 Posts
never liked them... i dont know who would even think of getting one.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
I may have seen 2 here since last year when they came out. I think people know a pile of crap when they smell one. Even the local 'kids' haven't bought one yet.

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I may have seen 2 here since last year when they came out. I think people know a pile of crap when they smell one. Even the local 'kids' haven't bought one yet.
not even the kids are buying it cuz they are busy modding the new Scion's

scions are the hot thing for them out there

·
Premium Member
5,137 Posts
before i deployed, i saw one in my rear view mirror after i blew by it on the highway. sucker tried to keep up but was a lost cause. i even slowed down and got even with him to give him a slim chance, then blew him away again. :lmfao:

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
they seeming to be creeping into traffic down here in south jersey. I had a runin with a black one that was fully skirted and riced out. It didnt look bad but with all the extra weight it could not move!

·
Registered
33 Posts
i've seen a few. The GT's hp is 263, and one mag said it was a good Z chaser. yeah, Chaser is right. Their passenger seats will be a good place to see those new 06 tailights in action.
Cheap... the GTs are running at 25-27k, and the 4 bangers are cheaper.

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Try this Ralliart Eclipse. 4G63 Turbo motor (from EVO -- with 350 hp at least), awd, 6MT, Muellerized suspension etc. etc.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Considering they weigh over 3500 lbs (which is about 300 lbs heavier than the highest coupe model) and are FWD... they are not in the same category.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts