Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else see this issue?

The button that opens my nav pocket door appears to have the black paint chipping off the bottom, revealing a white platic underneath. Additionally, the driver's side door pull has a white spot in the middle of it.

At first, I thought that perhaps something white had adhered itself to the door pull, so I tried to rub it off using a damp towel. But very quickly I realized that the white spot was in fact the plastic underneath showing thru, and rubbing it was making the situation worse. Now, I have noticed it on the underside of the nav pocket door button!

Why not cast the whole piece in black plastic? Seems pretty cheap to me...

We'll have to see what the dealer says about this.

·
Premium Member
2,233 Posts
The shiny topcoat is wearing off the leather on my parking brake lever. I need to hurry up and take it to the dealer. Trim is only warrantied for 12/12K.

·
Registered
18 Posts
i have an '06 and i have a small chip on the inside of my driver side door where the handle is to pull the door closed, but yeah I just don't let it bother me, no one ever sees it. but it did piss me off for a while though.

·
4,328 Posts
I have an '06 and I have none of the above going on. To be fair, I never open that nav/cubby door so there would be no reason for it to show any wear. Funny thing is that passengers have opened that door more than I have... "Hey what's this door for?"

Ronin Z

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have an '06 and I have none of the above going on. To be fair, I never open that nav/cubby door so there would be no reason for it to show any wear. Funny thing is that passengers have opened that door more than I have... "Hey what's this door for?"

Ronin Z
mine is on the driver side door panel, right after the leather part and before the window controls, just a nice little chip

1 - 8 of 8 Posts