Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone caught any at the track or even on the street yet?

I saw one on the road a few days back so I know they are out there. I know.. MotorTrend I believe, posted the automatic at what, 13.5 1/4 mile? Somehow I am not buying that.

Just wanted to get some info as this looked like a great competitor to the Z. The 04 GTs get pissed when they get handed by a a V6, I bet the 05s will as well... but I think its gonna be a much closer race. Looks like well need the 05 Track to make up for that!

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh, it was 0-60 in 5.1 sec.... too bad I dont have Motor Trend... and that was in an Auto...

why has everything else I have read claim much much worse numbers? And heck, a 300HP crank motor could not push a car that fast without magic tires, right?

I wanna see some slips hehe.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just really like the fact that we can pwn the 04 GT, and it would be a shame to lose that on the 05s. Still, it is nice to have a new challenger.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Saw one the other day. I know! Let's go hunting tonight and see if we can post up tomorrow!

I think it would be a great challenge. I know I have 300 at the crank, should be even stevens.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
But dont they weigh more? And what about drivertrain loss? Who knows? Also what about torque and power band. Theres a lot more than peak HP. Thats why I want to see real numbers and real results. GL smooth, lemme know if you see or hear anything. I wonder if the Ford forums have any slips yet for the 05s?

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Well, I went out looking last night but only found a bunch of ricers rubbernecking as I cruised around. Did a few burnouts (it was wet out) and got some attention, but nobody bit.

Maybe Friday night will be more interesting...

There's a huge Ford dealership down the street from me, and they're one of about 3 authorized stores in the Twin Cities that services and sells hi-performance Stangs. I would assume that I could find somebody cruising around that area.

·
Registered
155 Posts
The magazine I checked listed the 1/4 mile at 13.8...

I don't know.

I don't see how they really got .4 sec faster from adding 20 horse. It would be possible if the weight was comparable/same, but it LOOKS much bigger and bulkier, hence heavier...

Guess we shall see. Should be good to go with CAI and Exhaust...
and if they take us on the straight, they wouldn't stand a chance in the twisties.

·
Premium Member
5,627 Posts
I'm not exactly an expert on the Mustangs, but despite it's appearance, it is supposedly redesigned. May be lighter, I don't know. But even if it is not, the could have changed gearing along with the motor changes... thus affecting acceleration curve.

I won't discount them until I see one in person. So far, only V6 '05s running around here. What I've heard is that the '05 Mustang GT will be as quick as a stock Mach1. If that is true, then you are looking at a low-mid 13s 1/4 mile car with 0-60 in about 5.3. Again... just what I've picked up here and there. I can't wait to see what they actually will do. I like the new design... not going to trade my Z, but I think it's an improvement from the '04.

·
Premium Member
4,917 Posts
Heres an excerpt from Car and Driver..

ACCELERATION Seconds
Zero to 30 mph: 1.9
40 mph: 2.9
50 mph: 4.0
60 mph: 5.2
70 mph: 6.8
80 mph: 8.7
90 mph: 10.6
100 mph: 13.2
110 mph: 16.5
120 mph: 20.1
130 mph: 26.1
Street start, 5-60 mph: 5.9
Top-gear acceleration, 30-50 mph:10.2
50-70 mph: 9.5
Standing 1/4-mile: 13.8 sec @ 102 mph
Top speed (governor limited): 149 mph

http://caranddriver.com/article.asp?sectio...8&page_number=4

·
Premium Member
5,627 Posts
BWAHAHAHA... top gear acceleration 50-70 of 9.5 seconds!!! :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:

I'm going to eat the new Mustangs alive from a roll...

Still nice 0-60 numbers for a stock car with 300hp.

·
Registered
351 Posts
It is a new platform.. Well, sorta (i think it's derived from the s-typ/lincoln LS platform), has a solid rear, which is supposed to be better for launching than an IRS, no? I've already been seeing tons of them, so I'm sure we'll find out soon enough.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts