Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, finally broke the old man down and he's kind of excited about the car to! So, I'm getting a 6 speed and know that 06 is sporting 13 more horse, right? Is this just a new tune or is something new under the hood? 06 body differs slightly from the rest also, right? Which year would be the best for a slow modder with intentions much later on to go FI. Or would it really even matter? Any insight between the years greatly appreciated! Deal goes down this friday, any color opinions? Not too fond of bright colors but with a car like this, who DON'T you want to see it(other than the five O)

·
Premium Member
6,474 Posts
OK, finally broke the old man down and he's kind of excited about the car to! So, I'm getting a 6 speed and know that 06 is sporting 13 more horse, right? Is this just a new tune or is something new under the hood? 06 body differs slightly from the rest also, right? Which year would be the best for a slow modder with intentions much later on to go FI. Or would it really even matter? Any insight between the years greatly appreciated! Deal goes down this friday, any color opinions? Not too fond of bright colors but with a car like this, who DON'T you want to see it(other than the five O)

all of the '06 are using the newer "rev up" motor. 300hp, variable valve timing on both intake and exhaust cams.

all in all, there are 35 changes on the newer motor. From stronger rod bolts, to different type of pistons, upper & lower plenum...

'06 also come with dual xenon headlights.

REV up will rev to redline without mods.. where the older version won't unless plenum spacer / air filter upgrade.

cons:

'06 is also about a 120-150lb heavier.

seems that the older motors make more torque up to 6,000rpm.

some of the FI kits aren't ready for the new motor.

Either motor is fine for FI.. most likely you would want to go with forged internals at that point anyway.

Color is your choice.

:welcome: to Tech

·
Registered
120 Posts
The '06 also comes with the '05 Anniversary 18" wheels. The '05 with 17s. Just about everyone likes the '06 LED taillights. I'd get the '06.

Lou

·
Registered
232 Posts
Between the two, I would go with the 06....the revisions listed above as well as being with the "current" year model is a slightly better decision in the long right. Though the 06 weights more than the 05, the ammenities are more with the 06.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts