Nissan 350Z / 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

My cars convertible top doesn't work.

• Convertibles yellow light is on in the odometer area.
  • Manual latch will release but pressing the convertible button does not move the soft top anywhere and it remains stationary.

The previous owner told me that the motor is bad, but I just learned that there are 2-3 motors. Can somebody clarify what the problem is? How do I go about troubleshooting this so I can keep this cost efficient? Most importantly, I am having trouble finding clear guides and instructions on what to do about this problem. It is something I really want to do myself. Any support would be perfect because I would like to repair this car as soon as possible.

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
1,885 Posts
Sorry to break it to you, but the ZR roof is a complex mechanism. Your post doesn't mention what kind of mechanical background you have, but unless you have advanced wrenching skills, this isn't a DIY project. At a minimum, I'd suggest find a Nissan trained tech with a CONSULT 3 diagnostic tool to do an assessment. There're several electrical and mechanical systems that need to coordinate to get the roof the open and close. If you need a link to the FSM, post a reply here and I'll respond.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts