Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so im not new to nissans but new to the z ive got a few questions i recently got 2 350z's the first was an 03 performance model which has which i noticed had vdc and some other things but had no motor the other is an 06 base model with a motor and a few mods that had rolled over now for my questions

the 03 came with vdc and the 06 doesnt ive changed all the wiring harness from the 06 to 03 and noticed some plugs form the 06 taped to the harness
if i plug the vdc button in will it still work or is it better just not to have it
as well as the cruise control the 03 has and 06 doesnt ive still got the switch by the pedal and the buttons on the wheel and agin the plug is taped to the harness if i plug it in will it still work? any advice would help thanks

·
4,328 Posts
I'm sorry, but I've re-read your post 3 times now and I'm still not entirely sure what you're asking. Want to take another stab at it?

-Ronin Z

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
im trying to ask if theres a way to keep the features from the 03 such as vdc and cruise control using all the 06 stuff

·
4,328 Posts
im trying to ask if theres a way to keep the features from the 03 such as vdc and cruise control using all the 06 stuff
Well here's you issue... the '03 and '06 Z's have different main, engine, and body harnesses. Not to mention a different ECU. All of the various other sub-controllers (BCM, steering angle sensor, speed sensors, g-sensor...etc) are the same, so you should be OK there. I've no doubt that you can get it all sorted out, but it may require a bit of splicing.

-RZ

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Depending on how you'll use the car it may not be worth transferring the VDC.

As Ronin said the wiring is different. However if you studied the wiring diagrams in the service manuals - anything is possible.

·
4,328 Posts
Depending on how you'll use the car it may not be worth transferring the VDC.
aust350z brings up a really excellent point. I have an '06 with VDC, and if somehow it magically quit working, I wouldn't waste any effort getting it functional again. To do any sort of even mildly spirited driving, the first thing you have to do is turn the VDC off. It's way too intrusive and heavy handed. Now if you plan on seriously tracking the car, you're going to have to completely disable it.

So unless you're planning on driving through snow and ice... I personally wouldn't expend too much brain power on getting it working.

-Ronin Z

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for the input this is going to be a daily driver thats why i questioned geting it working agin but if its like yall say its not worth figuring it out thanks for the help

1 - 7 of 7 Posts