Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wanting to change my 03 headlights to the 06+ design headlights. I know it can be done I have seen it, but what do I need as far as bulbs, HID boxes, ballast or whatever they are called. I don't know anything about the newer headlights and how they work. I have found some 06-07 headlights on ebay that are in good shape. but they don't come with any of the wiring or bulbs or anything like that. Where can I get these things?

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh yeah they would have them, but I would rather not. I guess I need to research a little more on what it takes to make them work for an older 350Z.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
i personally think it'd be cheaper to buy a used set of 06 lights rather than part one together

·
Premium Member
5,137 Posts
i agree. if the ballasts are in place you can just get the right sized bulb and if you already have HID in your 2003, it should just plug right up. now if these lights on ebay do not have anything at all (bulbs, lenses, ballasts, etc) then i would skip them completely because to set them up correctly, you will end up spending close to what they cost new. i would find a better deal than tnose.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
QUOTE (Steve350Z @ Aug 28 2008, 05:49 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=552394
i agree. if the ballasts are in place you can just get the right sized bulb and if you already have HID in your 2003, it should just plug right up. now if these lights on ebay do not have anything at all (bulbs, lenses, ballasts, etc) then i would skip them completely because to set them up correctly, you will end up spending close to what they cost new. i would find a better deal than tnose.
Ok, that was my next question. My headlights are HID so if I did get some 06 lights that have all the bulbs, ballasts etc. then its a plug and play deal?

·
Registered
7 Posts
QUOTE (Silver6speed350z @ Aug 26 2008, 07:45 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=552239
I'm wanting to change my 03 headlights to the 06+ design headlights. I know it can be done I have seen it, but what do I need as far as bulbs, HID boxes, ballast or whatever they are called. I don't know anything about the newer headlights and how they work. I have found some 06-07 headlights on ebay that are in good shape. but they don't come with any of the wiring or bulbs or anything like that. Where can I get these things?

Hello Matt. Ok here is the deal with your lights. Yes, you can upgrade to the 06's no problem. And it's even BETTER that you found a set of empty 06's. Here's why. Everything from your current HID lights will swap EXCEPT your D2R bulbs. These are not bi-xenon bulbs so you will need a set of D2S bulbs (which I sell) if you wish to have a high beam (I say this because technically you could make the D2R work, but it wouldn't function totally correct. Budget lighting more or less). The only other problem you'll face is that the blinker will now stay lit all the time unless you try to make it blink where then it will shut off and relight (blink backwards in other words). There is a quick fix for this though. Simply pull the bulb out of its socket and snap off the two inside wires on the bulb itself. Walla... 06 functioning headlights on your 03-05 HID Z. ... You're welcome :)

If you want to know anything about customising lights, check out my website. www.cincitydesigns.com

·
Registered
12 Posts
I actually went and joined the cincity design forums. He answered a bunch of questions last night for me. Their work is amazing. Definitely one of the first things I'm doin' when I get my Z.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts