Nissan 350Z Forum, Nissan 370Z Tech Forums - View Single Post - It works! Ipod integration into 2003 factory bose w/ navigation!
View Single Post
post #21 of (permalink) Old 09-13-2007, 11:35 AM
sgillies

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:

I am curious exactly where others have mounted the USA-Spec device. For now, I have mine loose, under the stereo and A/C controller (in front of the gear shift). I'm planning on getting some double-sided tape and just sticking it to the bottom of the A/C controller. I'm afraid it might get too hot if I leave in on the bottom, since that's just above the transmission, and I've felt that area get hot before.

-chris

[attachment=17974:product_black_ipod.jpg]
Hi Chris or any others who have installed the USA-Spec device - I am about to purchase and install the PA11-NIS for my 2007 350z Touring roadster. I was curious if you ever settled on where to mount the USA-Spec device - did you leave it loose or tape it? I was thinking it might work to put it in the passenger storage net on the passenger side. Did you have to drill a hole or anything else to run the wire from the back of the radio to the input on the USA-Spec? Thanks for any advice or pictures of the actual completed install! Hopefully I'll be putting mine in next week...

-Scott

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome