Nissan 350Z Forum, Nissan 370Z Tech Forums - View Single Post - Z . . . wrecked . . . OMG
View Single Post
post #21 of (permalink) Old 12-22-2006, 08:35 AM
Ronin Z

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
I honestly would not recommend rebuilding your car. You have received damage to the A-pillars and roofline. Not to mention the rear driver's side quarter panel. These parts will have to be cut from a donor car (or bought new from Nissan) and welded and bonded onto your chassis. This is expensive.

I know you have strong sentimental attachment to your car, and I don't blame you, you put a lot of work into it. Regardless, you are better off in the long run starting with a new Z. Because even if you do rebuild this car it will now be under a "salvage" title with a "major collision damage" mark on your CarFax report, making future resale value near worthless.

Before going any further, you need to get a vehicle buy back price from your insurance company and decide what will be the most economical route for you to pursue.

As an FYI to those of you who have heavily (and expensively) modified Zs you may want to ask your insurance agent about carrying additional coverage. By default insurance policies will only reimburse you a "fair market value" for your car. Which assumes a bone stock, zero mod car. It is possible to switch to a policy where you insure your car for a fixed dollar amount. This type of policy is generally more expensive, but can pay off if you ever have to use it.

Once again, sorry about the ride man

Regards,
Ronin Z

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"If you want me to treat your ideas with more respect, get some better ideas." -John Scalzi
Vi veri universum vivus vici

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome