Nissan 350Z / 370Z Tech Forums banner

$200 INGS Replica = Great Buy!

14K views 53 replies 21 participants last post by  Silver03Z 
#1 ·
Out of the interest of the Z owners here, I am copying some info that is probably good to know. Fitment came out great. Original INGS kit goes for 2-3k$

To prove the theory of "you get what you pay for" is not always right. We bought a replica Ing+1 from Ebay for $197 and install on a Red ZR. Fitment is 97% fit. The 3% different is from the rear bumper (minor adjustment for the trunk release hatch.

We bought it here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB... AAAQ%3AUS%3A1

Paid the seller $100 for local pickup. This $100 is the offset for the kit since he try to avoid the ebay fee. We have no problem with this. Total for this kit is $297

See less See more
#28 ·
i guess i can remain impartial because i havent spent $$$ on a genuine INGS kit. But if i did, man id be fuming
I'd feel upset to an extent. But, If I were an owner of the legit INGS kit; I would be left with a feeling of pride knowing I had the original. An authentic version. And people are willing to copy their design. That says a lot. :)

#29 ·
I'd feel upset to an extent. But, If I were an owner of the legit INGS kit; I would be left with a feeling of pride knowing I had the original. An authentic version. And people are willing to copy their design. That says a lot. :)
I would feel the same...especially if I got it early on in the game...but if I just recently got it...I dont think I would be so cheerful about it haha.....

another thing would be the resale factor (if that case ever comes) for that owner....my guess is that its not going to be that great anymore...

#31 ·
Actually, from talking with some people that are involved with this stuff, some of the "replicas" are not really "replicas" but are actually the same exact thing made at the exact same manufacturing facility. Obviously this is shady practice, but if the "real" companies are going to jack up the prices to around 1k for a bumper, then I am willing to spend 300 on a full kit that in all probability is the same product.
Bride a few years went through a similar "rough patch"...supposedly seats were coming out the "back door" and people were snatching them up for cheap through eBay and other shops...if this is the case with the ings+1 kits, then its the same scenario...sticking it to the man? surely enough because it's almost nothing out of your product. 10 cents on the dollar sounds mighty good to anyone with good sense...unethical of who sells it, definately...unethical to who buys it, that's debatable...sorry, just reiterating what i learn from my business ethics class. what can i say, i'm BA/Finance major...

#32 ·
i had the Ing kit and we decide to go replica this time to test out. Plus, $197 for the whole kits..common, there is nothing to loose. We have hook up with bodyshop; therefore, we don't worry much if there is any need for extra prepping. Everything turn out GREAT.

This is what i see, with bodykit, we don't intend to keep them on more than 1-2 years. So why spend 3K-6K on a bodykit (top secret stuff) while we can spend much less and it will give us more room to change bodykit later on.

#33 ·
i had the Ing kit and we decide to go replica this time to test out. Plus, $197 for the whole kits..common, there is nothing to loose. We have hook up with bodyshop; therefore, we don't worry much if there is any need for extra prepping. Everything turn out GREAT.

This is what i see, with bodykit, we don't intend to keep them on more than 1-2 years. So why spend 3K-6K on a bodykit (top secret stuff) while we can spend much less and it will give us more room to change bodykit later on.
agreed.. i like changing things up every so often..

#34 ·

Awesome. Glad to hear no problems with this replica. I can see what you mean as a consumer wanting to get a different kit often and save money in the process.

#38 ·
Also another thing you might want to consider is are these overstock or older designs. I know a lot of times if its an older kit and the maker wants to get rid of them they will strip thier name off the product and sell them at cost to various companies or just go outright and sell the patent if they decided to get one. If I am not mistaken the N1 kit from Ings +1 is about 2 or 3 years old so they may be getting rid of a lot of the unsold products to recoup losses and make room for a new kit. its pretty much the same as going to an outlet store if that is the case. But then again if it is a cheaply made copy then i hope the best.

#39 ·
I'm wondering how much actual aero testing that Ings are doing with their kits?

If they actually do work as aero parts (either to reduce Cd or increase downforce, or both) then a cheap knockoff might not have the same properties since they're going for the look rather than the benefits, and the genuine kit still has benefits.

Like why I'd by Volk Racing wheels from RAYS over the Vork Racing ones from RAVS (and yes, they do exist) - because I know the latter are not lightweight forged aluminium.

I can understand if the company has thrown money engineering the kit and wind tunnel testing it, that the R&D money is why it costs a lot more than what the manufacturer makes. Or they've designed the weave of the fibre to actually be strong in the directions it takes load, whereas the cheap knockoff guys will just slap it together.

But otherwise, if its all show, who cares who makes it as long as it looks the way it does?

I know a couple of aftermarket companies that are guilty of this. They used to make / engineer great products, but now they just slap their name on anything.

#43 ·
I hate to fire up a old thread, but the links are toast. I would be VERY interested in a replica of the INGS kit. Anyone got any updated links from where to get one?

Thanks

#44 ·
it almost seems worth a 300$ experiment. I can almost feel it flopping around on the front of my car w/ its cheap construction now though... : /

#45 ·
#46 ·
I agree that it could be cheap, but for $300 dollars a good bodyman, it could be a fairly solid kit. As long as it has %95+ fitment it could be fairly easy for a bodyman.

In my experience, I've only purchased 1 Brand Name body kit and that was from Wings West. It was 100% urethane, and it needed a TON of work to get ready for paint so I can't imagine a cheap kit being much harder than that...

I'm Game. I would buy it. Looks like that side is Out of Stock and No ETA.

#47 ·
I agree that it could be cheap, but for $300 dollars a good bodyman, it could be a fairly solid kit. As long as it has %95+ fitment it could be fairly easy for a bodyman.

In my experience, I've only purchased 1 Brand Name body kit and that was from Wings West. It was 100% urethane, and it needed a TON of work to get ready for paint so I can't imagine a cheap kit being much harder than that...

I'm Game. I would buy it. Looks like that side is Out of Stock and No ETA.
oo I didn't really look, sorry...

#48 ·
TheZsource has the front bumper but not the sides >_>

Same with extremedimensions, so I think that puts it at: no one has the whole kit atm and maybe not for awhile :(

But if you want just the front bumper, well they have em and its urethane just in case

#49 ·
TheZsource has the front bumper but not the sides >_>

Same with extremedimensions, so I think that puts it at: no one has the whole kit atm and maybe not for awhile :(
But if you want just the front bumper, well they have em and its urethane just in case
Lol, I haven't seen this thread in a LOOONGG arse time; if ever. But I'm game to experiment if and when the kit is no longer on backorder. Someone PM me if they find anything out....PEACE

#51 ·
hmmm, c west does areo testing as well as ings, charge speed, greddy, and j's racing....im not sure but i think veilside does to an extent as well. i dont believe wings west, bomex, or the smaller names do, though i may be mistaken ah and vertex amuse and origin dont either to my knowledge though i may be mistaken

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.