Thinking about my Z in the middle east - Nissan 350Z Forum, Nissan 370Z Tech Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-28-2009, 11:37 AM Thread Starter
Base Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to ohhdangz
(Thread Starter)
I just wanted to be the first post in this section. I wonder why nobody has posted here before. There has to be other military on this forum.

Well, to stay on topic, i canít stop thinking about my car. I canít wait to get home to drive again. At the same time i feel apprehension because there are so many things i want to do to my car but i donít have a garage to do them in. So i guess my dilemma lies there... actually it's more of a catch 22. I want to buy a house for a garage to work on my car but if i bought a house i wouldnít have any money left for the car parts...*sigh* yet i still spend hours and hours looking for parts. Again, i canít be the only one who does this...looking at car parts for hours on end while occasionally wondering why Iím doing this when i probably wonít buy it anyway. Hmm. Well, back to parts searching and DIY readings.

Farewell from you friendly neighborhood USAF serviceman

BTW...we're whooping some ass over here
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-28-2009, 12:38 PM
Grand Touring Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Firstly, I would like to thank you for your service to America and helping to keep us free and preserve the rights we have. I feel your pain on on the modding! I have a garage, but no money for parts! It sucks but I guess it gives me (and you) more time to make the right decisions about what parts to buy!

'03 Enthusiast-UpRev-Nismo-VOLK-Stillen-Motordyne-INGS+1-Lightwerkz-Brembo-StopTech-Injen-K&N
275WHP/245WTQ
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-28-2009, 10:13 PM

I was at LSA Anaconda back in '06 w/ the USAF. Remember can't waiting to get home and taking my wife out for a spin in the Z. Get home safe!

'03 HRE 350Z TT Sold
'12 Forgeline G37S Daily

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-30-2009, 07:54 AM Thread Starter
Base Member

(Thread Starter)
QUOTE (Robert_K @ Jan 28 2009, 08:13 PM)
Quote:
I was at LSA Anaconda back in '06 w/ the USAF. Remember can't waiting to get home and taking my wife out for a spin in the Z. Get home safe!
I have my Z patiently waiting for me back at the squadron . With the elections going on here right now all im worried about is getting back in one piece. Gets pretty spooky at times. Thank you both for the kind words.

Later!
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-04-2009, 08:49 PM
Touring Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
QUOTE (OhhdangZ @ Jan 30 2009, 04:54 AM)
Quote:
I have my Z patiently waiting for me back at the squadron . With the elections going on here right now all im worried about is getting back in one piece. Gets pretty spooky at times. Thank you both for the kind words.

Later!

Thank you for your service and hurry home. When I was in Vietnam I wanted to get back to the real world so I could drive my car. That was over 40 years ago but the memories are like yesterday. Stay safe...................

Not everyone who lost his life in Vietnam died there. Not everyone who came home from Vietnam ever left there.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-05-2009, 08:04 AM
Grand Touring Member

Send a message via MSN to etraxx Send a message via Yahoo to etraxx
QUOTE (Kornercarver @ Feb 4 2009, 06:49 PM)
Quote:
Thank you for your service and hurry home. When I was in Vietnam I wanted to get back to the real world so I could drive my car. That was over 40 years ago but the memories are like yesterday. Stay safe...................
I also want to add my own thanks for your service. There are quite a few of the people who post on Tech who have served and understand.

Darn .. 40 years. You have ME beat ... it's only been 38+ years for me. Ha. Didn't have a car then .. but .. just thought about it ... I learned to drive a standard there (Can Tho) .. the old M151 Mutt.

Socrates: "I drank .. wat?"
my Blog:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

- a Klansman is a Nazi in sheets clothing -
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-05-2009, 04:02 PM Thread Starter
Base Member

(Thread Starter)
Thanks, both of you. That's funny, the things missed most and thought about the most while people are launching mortars at you have not changed in the past 40 years. Cars! I guess those and pets are the only things that can be counted on to stay faithful to you no matter what. I wish it were not true but since i had to make an addition to the wall of shame yesterday i have a new very ugly view on companionship. Hi Amanda

i better go before i get banned
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-05-2009, 04:08 PM
Grand Touring Member

Send a message via MSN to etraxx Send a message via Yahoo to etraxx
Mitch,
Ha. Sorry man. I guess it's better to find out now then to find out later re: companionship. It's true though. Get a dog. They .. you can depend on with out a doubt!!

Socrates: "I drank .. wat?"
my Blog:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

- a Klansman is a Nazi in sheets clothing -
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-18-2009, 06:17 AM
Base Member

Well since I finally stumbled upon this thread I figured that I would add, I too run into the countless hours of looking at parts. I also find myself on this forum a lot reading on everything that I can just to learn something new about the Z. I am currently in herat, afghanistan and should be home sometime in march.....whats making it so much longer is that I just got new wheels and I have to wait till I get home to put them on.....thats the draw back of buying parts while overseas.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement