post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-09-2010, 06:30 PM Thread Starter
Grand Touring Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to ambigu0us
(Thread Starter)
My first 5K

Well... I did it! I never thought it was on my list of things to do in life, but I'm really glad I did it.

I haven't worked out for a while now... and a friend asked me if I wanted to do it with her. She would have backed out of signing up if she didn't find someone to go with her. 5K -- I walk that all the time when I am being healthy. I figured I would job and walk some and be done in 45 minutes.

I needed to fast walk parts - and she wanted to jog. She asked if she could leave me -- OF COURSE!! Please! I knew she wanted a 35 min 5K. I didn't want to hold her up! She's fit and works out regularly. She jogged every part except a treacherous uphill section! Great job Stacy!

And I jogged and walked and jogged and walked -- met up with a lady and sprinted twice and jogged and walked and finished with a jog.

I thought I was going to PUKE!!! But -- I didn't -- I made it!!

My first official time in the 5K is 41 minutes 25 seconds.

My next 5K will be faster!

Michele (pink) and Stacy (blue)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Life | Enjoying the Raptor and the 370Z.

Check out my new blog:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-09-2010, 06:44 PM
Grand Touring Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
5000 meters FTW!!!

Daily Driver (65k miles): APS Intercooled TT, Built Motor, Arias, Eagle, HKS, UTEC, Deutschworks, Wilwood BBK, MB Weapons, Nito NT 555RII, ACT clutch, Fidanza flywheel, KW Variant 3 coilovers, Hotchkis sways, Cusco control arms, Authentic JDM Spec Nismo V2 body kit, Z Speed, Quiafe, HID, AIT R1 Hood, HKS EVC, HKS Hi Flow, custom 3" TD exhaust, APS 3.5" down pipes, GReddy, Defi, AEM
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-09-2010, 07:42 PM
Grand Touring Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to jinxxycat Send a message via Yahoo to jinxxycat
Congrats Chele! Looking GREAT BTW! (you look more fit than she does BTW)

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-09-2010, 09:08 PM
Super Moderator

Awesome job! I'm sure you'll feel it tonight!

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." - Calvin
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-09-2010, 09:15 PM Thread Starter
Grand Touring Member

(Thread Starter)
I am feeling it something fierce!! Race was yesterday... today is OMG!!!!

Check out my new blog:
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-09-2010, 09:18 PM Thread Starter
Grand Touring Member

(Thread Starter)
And thanks Willy, Dave and Terri!! What I thought was insane was I told her "Our next one..." :O I am already planning on doing that again?! AHHHhh!! But seriously, probably the next Susan G. Komen event, I'll register.

Check out my new blog:
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-09-2010, 09:22 PM
Super Moderator

I'm sure that 45 minutes is like my 12 minutes of stair climbing....or not. I have no idea. All I know is that you did it and plan on another one which is awesome.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." - Calvin
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-09-2010, 09:27 PM Thread Starter
Grand Touring Member

(Thread Starter)
This feels LESS bad then the day after the Boot Camp class I took how ever long ago that was. And LESS bad than the first time back to the gym with the trainer. So it's now #3 on the list of shit that hurts really bad. ;)

I tried to keep active yesterday, but it ended in a 3 hour drive home... which gave me lots of time to start hurting. OYE! I have done a good amount of stretching today. Just realized I haven't had a lot of water. Bad girl. Tomorrow will be interesting at work!! HAHAHA!!! I have been wobbling / feeling like I need a cane to walk all day -- let's hope I can fake how bad it hurts tomorrow and no one will make fun of me. ;)

Check out my new blog:
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-09-2010, 09:30 PM
Super Moderator

Drink lots of water and take some protein, maybe drink a smoothie with bananas in it. And Motrin ftw!

post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-09-2010, 09:31 PM Thread Starter
Grand Touring Member

(Thread Starter)
That's right! I need to pay more attention to myself. Silly Michele!! I'm on it! Had my banana for breakfast! =) and Dang ... forgot to have the protein shake today. Thanks for the pointers Dave! Time to get me back on track!

Check out my new blog:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement