LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-25-2010, 11:54 PM Thread Starter
Grand Touring Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to ambigu0us
(Thread Starter)
Some of you know that about 11 months ago I started down a new path to eating better, working out, living a more active life!
Thanks to my husband and your support I am happily keeping off ~35 pounds!!
I haven't worked out as much as I need and my weight loss basically stopped.
So -- for motivation -- I recently started using a bodybugg to track my calorie burn.
It varies every day how much I eat... I'm paying more attention to what the heck I'm putting in my body. I still don't make "perfect" choices and I never will... let's face it.

So -- I was wondering if anyone else uses a bodybugg? Thought we could compare notes.

I still have that last 10-ish lbs to go - always the hardest.
I still haven't made time to work out regularly... life gets in the way -- you know?!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Life | Enjoying the Raptor and the 370Z.

Check out my new blog:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-26-2010, 02:41 PM
Enthusiast Member

I don't use bodybug. I use a free program called fitday. Its equally useful and its really simple it helps keep my daily macros within +/- 5 grams.
How i train the fat always comes off or on based on my diet. I cut carbs to lose fat and add carbs to gain fat. Really simple but it takes a lot of discipline.

You can't win. Because...
Your good...But I'm Better.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-26-2010, 05:42 PM Thread Starter
Grand Touring Member

(Thread Starter)
I also have used FitDay -- and honestly prefer it for food tracking... but I wasn't really sure if it calculated the burn as well.
I need to go do some activity entries and see how well they compare.

I use the FULL version of FitDay -- for the ~25$ they wanted, I thought it was a great deal!

Check out my new blog:

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-27-2010, 06:27 PM
Super Moderator

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
QUOTE (z'sowntheroad @ Feb 26 2010, 01:41 PM)
Quote:
I don't use bodybug. I use a free program called fitday. Its equally useful and its really simple it helps keep my daily macros within +/- 5 grams.
How i train the fat always comes off or on based on my diet. I cut carbs to lose fat and add carbs to gain fat. Really simple but it takes a lot of discipline.
I can fluctuate 5 lbs based on one day of not eating carbs or packing it on when I've had a few active days.

I never count calories. I do know that for my active lifestyle and level of physical activity, I need more than the average person. But again, I don't track it. I eat whatever I want, but I will eat healthy and eat at optimal times.

I eat breakfast within 30 minutes of getting up. I try to eat something decent, but as long as I eat something I'm good to go for the day. During the work week, I will snack throughout the day with a small lunch. Seems to work. What I shouldn't do is eat a big dinner or eat late if I want to feel good.

Finally, seeing that my schedule (work and kids) is never the same everyday, I don't get worked up about it if I can't stay on track. One never knows if this is your last day to enjoy.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." - Calvin
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-17-2010, 10:55 PM
Performance Member

I must burn em all cuz I stay skinny. Eat whatever and in whatever quantity. Not a bad deal..lol.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-15-2010, 09:33 AM Thread Starter
Grand Touring Member

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lol_V8 View Post
I must burn em all cuz I stay skinny. Eat whatever and in whatever quantity. Not a bad deal..lol.
I wonder if /when your metabolism will change?

Check out my new blog:
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-16-2010, 10:40 PM
Super Moderator

When he hits 25, then 35, then 45....

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." - Calvin
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-16-2010, 11:34 PM Thread Starter
Grand Touring Member

(Thread Starter)
I have to say I'm getting smarter than thinner as I get older! =) I'm happy about that!!

I'll burn about 2100 calories today. If I had completed my 3 mile walk, I would have burned another 350. That would be a HUGE day in my world!

Check out my new blog:
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-17-2010, 12:21 PM
Base Member

I never tried that, but it sounds interesting. I just stick to trying to exercise at least 4 to 5 times a week. I'll go on the treadmill and the bicycle. If I can't get to the gym, I just run up and down some stairs for 10-20 minutes. I don't really think much about calories...just more about being healthy and happy.

Also, make sure you do other exercises like stretching and strengthening your muscles. they're very important too.
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-26-2010, 07:56 PM
Super Moderator

According to presidentschallenge.net, I just burned over 600 calories doing 2 hours of lawn mowing and gardening. It felt like it, too.

I just reached 20k calories burned since May, so I've been awarded a Bronze medal which I can order through their site. Kind of cool to know that I've been that active this Summer.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement