Abdominals - what do you do to get a 6 pack? - Page 4 - Nissan 350Z Forum, Nissan 370Z Tech Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #31 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-11-2009, 01:56 AM
Grand Touring Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Whenever I go to the gym, I mostly concentrate on the treadmill. Once (or twice or thrice), I went a little overboard and got sea-sick when I got off the machine. While trying to gain my balance, I would almost puke. People around me were probably thinking, "wusss."

Then, I try to mix it up with some exercise machines that do crunching and twisting motion. Then, some toning ones for the legs and chest. Asides from the 6 pack, I wanna replace my man-boobs with the chisheled chest I once had...20 years ago.

Also, I *try* to watch what I eat. When I do eat out, I would replace let's say fries with some dessert. But, I try to not have both. And, I've adapted to drinking lite beer instead of real beer.

Lastly, I don't just park away from the entrances to keep my Z safe, but, also to force me to walk just a little longer a little further.

Sometimes, it feels like a losing battle especially since I know I not doing what I'm supposed to and doing things I know I'm not suppose to. But, dammit, I shall persevere....hopefully.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-11-2009, 03:28 AM
Enthusiast Member

QUOTE (Black Z Eddie @ Mar 10 2009, 10:56 PM)
Quote:
Whenever I go to the gym, I mostly concentrate on the treadmill. Once (or twice or thrice), I went a little overboard and got sea-sick when I got off the machine. While trying to gain my balance, I would almost puke. People around me were probably thinking, "wusss."

Then, I try to mix it up with some exercise machines that do crunching and twisting motion. Then, some toning ones for the legs and chest. Asides from the 6 pack, I wanna replace my man-boobs with the chisheled chest I once had...20 years ago.

Also, I *try* to watch what I eat. When I do eat out, I would replace let's say fries with some dessert. But, I try to not have both. And, I've adapted to drinking lite beer instead of real beer.

Lastly, I don't just park away from the entrances to keep my Z safe, but, also to force me to walk just a little longer a little further.

Sometimes, it feels like a losing battle especially since I know I not doing what I'm supposed to and doing things I know I'm not suppose to. But, dammit, I shall persevere....hopefully.
I like the quote that some might find stupid because its from star wars. But hey I think Yoda is a bad ass.
"Do or not do, there is no try."
Hey man i totally respect that your actually going to the gym and getting into shape. Better than most Americans who would rather live lazy ass lives and watch tv then when they get older and have many disorders they treat them with prescription pills that they should not need.

I think you should worry a lot less about what other people think. More importantly its what you think about yourself that counts. People like to go to the gym to watch other people workout and to socialize but that's because they are there for the wrong reasons. I mean how often have you had a legitimate conversation about a decline bench or a chin up bar. I think rarely.

Your doing all the right things don't push yourself too far where you might hurt yourself. Also watch out for those knees if running on the treadmill bothers them at all i would recommend and elliptical or an arc trainer if they have those at your gym.

You can't win. Because...
Your good...But I'm Better.
post #33 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-13-2009, 03:10 PM
Enthusiast Member

Cardio gets you there, muscle keeps you there.

If you run your ass off and stop, you will gain back, unless you modify your diet. Building muscle helps you burn calories/fat.

Abs wont show unless you drop the cuddly layer covering them. Take a week, eat how you eat, count your calorie intake and average it out. Then drop 1000 a day, thats a good starting point.

I dont practice what i preach anymore though, im broken down and like beer. :p

post #34 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-13-2009, 08:01 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
broken down.... I'm with you there.

I suggest running in the mornings before you eat breakfast. Eat more green veggies and less bread/sandwiches.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." - Calvin
post #35 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-02-2010, 10:52 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/spG5YPJLRIY&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/spG5YPJLRIY&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9bMteFx8LbM&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9bMteFx8LbM&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." - Calvin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement