Aerobic training? - Page 3 - Nissan 350Z Forum, Nissan 370Z Tech Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #21 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-03-2008, 10:08 PM
Enthusiast Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
The best way in my opinion is anerobic exercise. Just choose whatever exercise u like to do (e.g. Jogging, bike, swim etc) and follow the below routine:

1min High Intensity
2min Medium-High Intensity
Repeat the above at least 3 times in a row. The more times u can do it the merrier. But build up and dont be a hero! Especially if you have old injuries.

Also remember to strech, warm-up & cool down. As for doing it in the morning before breaky is simply because your operating on an empty stomach. Therefore your body targets the fat stores for energy.

Drink lots of water during the day and most importantly eat right.

The eating right is hardest for me... I love food... hehehe...

-K
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-04-2008, 11:32 AM
Grand Touring Member

Quote:
Same here. My wife thinks I'm a freak.
My GF gets cold way too easily. Probably because she has the car heater turned to full blast, and I counter by rolling down my window to avoid passing out.

I just hope Hell isn't as hot as rumored.......

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #23 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-05-2008, 03:01 PM
Touring Member

Send a message via Yahoo to xanavi
Quote:
Elliptical....
I did this for a while, and really is effective, I came from 200 lbs to about 155 of course with diet and weight training. until I just switched to running - also try the spin class the one with the stationary bike - I think thats a good aerobic workout.

post #24 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-05-2008, 03:23 PM
Grand Touring Member

Send a message via AIM to NoZYet
+1 to cycling, it's great fun. Although it can quickly get as expensive as working on cars. Swimming would probably also work, but I'm uncoordinated in water, so thats out.

~Pat

2010 True Red Miata Sport

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

From now on we live in a world where man has walked on the Moon. It's not a miracle; we just decided to go. - Tom Hanks, Apollo 13.
post #25 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-29-2009, 09:43 PM
Super Moderator

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Does climbing stairs count? I've been 'training' for the past month to prepare for a 52 story stair climb. I can't think of anything useful to help my training, so I just do ellipticals and treadmills. I'm not going to overtrain before the event.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." - Calvin
post #26 of 34 (permalink) Old 12-18-2009, 11:18 AM
Grand Touring Member

QUOTE (NoZYet @ Jan 5 2008, 01:48 PM)
Quote:
+1 to cycling, it's great fun. Although it can quickly get as expensive as working on cars. Swimming would probably also work, but I'm uncoordinated in water, so thats out.

~Pat
You can cycle in colder weather ( say 40) if you have the right clothing. I can get pricey.

Fitness hybrid ...bascially a flat bar road bike. I've had it for ~7 months and logged over 2K miles to date.

5AT '04 TOURING SE GA USA
August '07 Dyno at Forged Performance 398WHP / 380TQ @ 8.5psi

post #27 of 34 (permalink) Old 12-19-2009, 10:00 AM
Super Moderator

Wow, that's a nice bike. I'm getting my hybrid modified this winter. Need to get a new front suspension and upgrade the brakes, crank, etc. I think it's time after 9 or so years. I do a lot of off-road biking with it, and my shoulders ache after a while. I think getting a new front end will help a lot.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." - Calvin
post #28 of 34 (permalink) Old 12-28-2009, 10:29 AM
Grand Touring Member

QUOTE (SmoothZ @ Dec 19 2009, 10:00 AM)
Quote:
Wow, that's a nice bike. I'm getting my hybrid modified this winter. Need to get a new front suspension and upgrade the brakes, crank, etc. I think it's time after 9 or so years. I do a lot of off-road biking with it, and my shoulders ache after a while. I think getting a new front end will help a lot.
If you add or upgrade a front suspension component be sure to get one you can 'lock out' when you take it on asphalt/pavement. The travel in the suspension will use up some of your pedaling energy. Wide, bouncy tires do more to absorb normal shock transmitted to the rider than suspension components....so think about investing in some new tires too.

My 1989 Trek 970 hardtail mountain bike with a 'Thudbuster' seatpost. The lugged steel frame makes it a very smooth riding bike....much better than the aluminum shown above. Almost all of the components on this bike are original and work flawlessly.
post #29 of 34 (permalink) Old 12-29-2009, 12:09 AM
Enthusiast Member

Running from the police on foot is the best workout anyone could come up with. Try it and see what you think.

You can't win. Because...
Your good...But I'm Better.
post #30 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-02-2010, 10:55 AM
Super Moderator

Uphill run.... not for the weak.

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QPCPD8GD-1w&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QPCPD8GD-1w&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Sponsored Links
Advertisement