Exercise gurus, post here with questions, answers, etc - Page 5 - Nissan 350Z Forum, Nissan 370Z Tech Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #41 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-20-2009, 08:59 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
I had bought KT tape yesterday and forgot to put it on before working out. I've got tape on my shoulder, my hip, and my knee. Seems to be working to support the joint and keep the pain at bay.

I did the cardio on the treadmill and elliptical like mentioned. Felt good.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." - Calvin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-21-2009, 12:13 AM
Grand Touring Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
A few weeks ago I bought a 70 pound punching bag and a stand for it. It's hard to believe just 2 to 5 minutes of battering the bag works my heart or lungs (can't tell which organ is having the issue) to where I feel I'm gonna pass out. I start to get light headed and feel like throwing up. I've ridden my mountain bike for 3 hours and never got so tired as punching a bag for just a few minutes.

I just started doing this. I work from home so every time I have to go to the kitchen for something, I'd do 20 pushups; or 50 lounges; or 50 crunches; or a few minutes at the bag. I get kinda lazy and unmotivated if I push myself too much so I thought something is better nothing.

Also, at least twice a week, I ride my bike around the neighborhood with lots of inclines and declines for about an hour. The riding is mostly for nostalgia + health. I've forgotten how much I enjoyed riding a bike.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #43 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-21-2009, 02:17 AM
Base Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
That feeling of passing out/throwing up is partly due to dehydration. Make sure you are drinking water, I know you said you are not doing a lot but you are working different muscles than riding a bike so those muscles take use more energy in turn making you tired faster. Your right its good to do what you can and anything helps. On my end I get to run a lot, recently I ran the army 10 miler. It was actually pretty easy, on average I run 6 or more miles three days a week. Now I don't really do too much on sat, or sun but the other two weekdays I do muscle failure. Basically push ups, sit ups or any variation of upper body/ lower body work-outs. We do a thing called 300 blasts, its sit ups or crunches and push ups, a variation of regular, wide arm and close arm. Done in increments of 25 at a time with 30 second rests inbetween, and you do anywhere from 75-100 upper body, then the same for lower body till you get to 300 of each. Its a hard start but a good work out once you do it a couple times.

post #44 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-21-2009, 09:14 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Good for you on riding the bike, Eddie. I do that as part of my family time and to get to know the 'hood better. We usually ride for about 45 minutes to an hour depending on how many parks we stop at to play.

As for the punching bag, that's pretty intense for the body and the heart. If you find yourself holding your breath while punching, that'll make you pass out. Learn to breath from the gut and mix in 1 minute of punching with pushups and crunches instead. Now that's a workout.

And drink water during that type of workout. Drink water all day.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." - Calvin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement