User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-13-2007, 12:31 AM
Performance Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
I have seen many UFC fights go to the ground for a very long time.. Up to 30minutes actually. It is quite often a bloody ending with either one or both fighters needing severe medical attention.

Gracies are bad... no doubt. But where do you draw the line? Someone that was born into a fighting family has the upper hand regardless of which type of art they pursue.

My point was simply that I wouldn't want to be laying on my back surrounded by multiple opponents.
Notice I said Great in my comment. A lot of the fighters you see in UFC are not experts in any one martial art style, they are very well rounded. A BJJ Artist that is high in the Black Belts is not going to lay on the ground and get pummeled.

"You can get a good look at a T-bone by sticking your head up a bulls ass but wouldn't you rather take your butcher's word for it?"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-30-2010, 06:19 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/XM8VAvVUaAw&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_ US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/XM8VAvVUaAw&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_ US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." - Calvin
Old 08-08-2019, 05:59 AM
Base Member

Totally agree with you!

Old Today, 07:35 PM

Although traditional martial arts (TMA) has deep history and tradition, it&#39;s not as practical as it used to be. From a self-defense point of view.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement