21Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #131 of 133 (permalink) Old 08-16-2019, 12:40 PM Thread Starter
Grand Touring Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 107 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Here's another update to fend off the increasing spam and meaningless posts this site has recently encountered. The T1 Z has been repaired and will be ready for the final SCCA Majors race ("Last Chance Majors") in the Mid-States Conference next week. Brakes, exhaust and other damage have all been addressed and I've got the Z just slightly under 3K pounds by my estimates (scale weights at impound). Let's light the fires and kick the tires at High Plains Raceway!.
MicVelo, Joetor and Piotr Bizon like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #132 of 133 (permalink) Old 08-22-2019, 07:08 PM
Base Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkmura View Post
With one week to go before the next SCCA Majors race, the news on the race prep front is concerning. The titanium mid-pipe is dented and bent- not an easy piece to repair! Even more concerning is the ABS system diagnostics are indicating a problem with the system. After gambling (and losing) with a major brake lockup at the last race, that's not a risk I want to incur again.

Looking at the current standings in the SCCA Mid-America Majors standings, my 350Z holds second place ahead of a turbo Mazdaspeed Mx-5 and Audi TT RS from the Midwest. However, a pro-built Corvette Gran Sport holds a sizable advantage and the points lead over all of us at the midway point of the season.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkmura View Post
Here's another update to fend off the increasing spam and meaningless posts this site has recently encountered. The T1 Z has been repaired and will be ready for the final SCCA Majors race ("Last Chance Majors") in the Mid-States Conference next week. Brakes, exhaust and other damage have all been addressed and I've got the Z just slightly under 3K pounds by my estimates (scale weights at impound). Let's light the fires and kick the tires at High Plains Raceway!.

Good to hear you got it all buttoned up and ready to roll! Refresh my memory.... you're in 2nd. In T1?!?! Holy smokes, dude, that's awesome!! Headed to VIR, are ya now? You'll get to run with all of the well heeled arrive n' drives from Phoenix Motorsports again! Hahahaha!
Joetor likes this.

Mic's: Z33, SRL-311, SL55, Highlander-H / Gone: Z33 & Z34 Nismos, Z33-Rdstr, Z32, Z31 Shiro (R.I.P.), Q45, 6-S30s, SCCA D-Prod SRL311 and a bunch of other non-Nissans.
post #133 of 133 (permalink) Old 08-26-2019, 09:17 PM Thread Starter
Grand Touring Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 107 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Weekend race report: worst to first! The Last Chance Majors was challenging on so many levels. First, ABS is still not fixed, so I locked up several times in the first race until I figured out how to drive around the problem. Brakes are usually a strength of the Z, but not this weekend. The Sunday race saw the Mustang Boss 302R (which dominated the Saturday race) take a pass and my 350Z to be the only T1 in the field. No matter, I raced as hard as I dared, and passed two ponycars ahead to finish 8th overall. With summertime temps reaching 100 degrees F (and inside temps above 120), it was a battle just to see the checkered flag, but we made it.

Series finish in the 2019 SCCA Mid-States Majors tour was second in Touring 1 with 130 points. Let's just say the 350Z did it with reliability with six points paying finishes in six races. Speed? Over-matched, by a country mile...
Joetor likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement