LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-03-2010, 12:11 AM Thread Starter
Grand Touring Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
HOW TO: Build a custom rifle!

I just got underway with building a new rifle, and for anyone who cares about guns I thought I would share...
I decided to I wanted to build up a target style .22 rifle for a couple of reasons:
First, I already have some bigger guns, so I don't feel the need to compensate anymore. Second, the indoor gun range 5 minutes from my house won't let you shoot rifles unless they are handgun caliber anymore, so I wanted a rifle I could practice with there. Third, they're CHEAP to shoot all day. Fourth, it's just fun and cool to build your own stuff!

So first, I went out and bought a Ruger 10/22 for $170 ... it's like the civic of .22s, cheap and infinitely modifiable.

...pretty basic looking....

Next, started tearing sh!t apart... classic willy...

Then, out with the old, in with the new! Match grade stainless barrel, new stock, and Nikon scope. Match trigger is still on the way...

Thanks for looking, hope you enjoy it!!!
-willy-

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Daily Driver (65k miles): APS Intercooled TT, Built Motor, Arias, Eagle, HKS, UTEC, Deutschworks, Wilwood BBK, MB Weapons, Nito NT 555RII, ACT clutch, Fidanza flywheel, KW Variant 3 coilovers, Hotchkis sways, Cusco control arms, Authentic JDM Spec Nismo V2 body kit, Z Speed, Quiafe, HID, AIT R1 Hood, HKS EVC, HKS Hi Flow, custom 3" TD exhaust, APS 3.5" down pipes, GReddy, Defi, AEM
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-03-2010, 12:43 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Cool. Not being a gun guy, I never knew that building a gun was so easy.

1. Unbox gun
2. Take gun apart
3. ...
4. Take pictures of fully reassembled gun.

Thanks!
-Ronin Z

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"If you want me to treat your ideas with more respect, get some better ideas." -John Scalzi
Vi veri universum vivus vici

post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-03-2010, 09:06 AM Thread Starter
Grand Touring Member

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin Z View Post
Cool. Not being a gun guy, I never knew that building a gun was so easy.

1. Unbox gun
2. Take gun apart
3. ...
4. Take pictures of fully reassembled gun.

Thanks!
-Ronin Z
hehe
...honestly though, that really is it. There's 1, yes 1 single screw to detach the stock from the receiver and barrel, and the barrel you, literally, just smash into the receiver with a mallet... So, that would be number 3 in your list!

Daily Driver (65k miles): APS Intercooled TT, Built Motor, Arias, Eagle, HKS, UTEC, Deutschworks, Wilwood BBK, MB Weapons, Nito NT 555RII, ACT clutch, Fidanza flywheel, KW Variant 3 coilovers, Hotchkis sways, Cusco control arms, Authentic JDM Spec Nismo V2 body kit, Z Speed, Quiafe, HID, AIT R1 Hood, HKS EVC, HKS Hi Flow, custom 3" TD exhaust, APS 3.5" down pipes, GReddy, Defi, AEM

Last edited by willy; 12-03-2010 at 09:13 AM.

post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-03-2010, 02:27 PM
Super Moderator

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
That's why I like shotguns. Easy to take apart and clean.

I also think you're giving me ideas on how to modify my .22 LR. Thanks for posting and giving me a project.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." - Calvin
post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-03-2010, 02:35 PM
Grand Touring Member

I think it's about time for me to get a handgun, 9mm. Any suggestions? Good "value", reliable...

'03 Enthusiast-UpRev-Nismo-VOLK-Stillen-Motordyne-INGS+1-Lightwerkz-Brembo-StopTech-Injen-K&N
275WHP/245WTQ
post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-03-2010, 02:44 PM
Super Moderator

Get a Glock 19. You won't regret it. Great gun for anything.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." - Calvin
post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-03-2010, 05:21 PM Thread Starter
Grand Touring Member

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by idrm350 View Post
I think it's about time for me to get a handgun, 9mm. Any suggestions? Good "value", reliable...
If you search best 9mm's of all time, without fail you will see:
1. Browning Hi Power 9mm
2. Glock 17/19
3. CZ 75b

Of those, the Glock has the worst trigger, but it is one of the most beautiful combat pistols of all time... You can throw it in the mud, swim across a river, bury it in the sand, run over it with a truck and it will still fire. ...Glock brought about a paradigm shift when it comes to combat hand guns...

The Browning is probably the most accurate out of the box, and it's just a classic. It's also the most expensive.

The CZ is the most under-rated of all time... about $500 and a whole lot of 9mm for the $$

...with these 3, there is no wrong answer.

Shot the rifle today, it is already grouping about 1/3 inch 10 round groups at 25 yards (that's the max at the indoor range I was at). ...the only reasons they're not all going through the same hole (and a lot of them do!!) are my shortcomings as a shooter and I really didn't have a rest to shoot off of.
...spent a grand total of $11.23 to shoot for 2 hours today... this thing rocks!!!

post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-03-2010, 05:27 PM
Super Moderator

You're having too much fun.

post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-03-2010, 07:41 PM
Grand Touring Member

Nice! Thanks! I was thinking about a Glock 19.

'03 Enthusiast-UpRev-Nismo-VOLK-Stillen-Motordyne-INGS+1-Lightwerkz-Brembo-StopTech-Injen-K&N
275WHP/245WTQ
post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-03-2010, 09:50 PM Thread Starter
Grand Touring Member

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by idrm350 View Post
Nice! Thanks! I was thinking about a Glock 19.
...very good gun... there's a huge dealer in town that sells them for less than $500 every day prices... Whole lot of gun for the $$

Sponsored Links
Advertisement