LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-22-2010, 08:41 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
The NFL sucks

Yep, you heard it. Hot news and first to report it!

It amazes me that one can be a convicted felon, known drug user, wife beater, gang banger and still get to play football and be paid for it. I think the NFL forgot that in this country, it's innocent until proven guilty.

While I don't know what's going on with the current scandal, I do know that the punishment doesn't fit.

After last year's disappointing Superbowl and a clearly favored team that got some help from the refs, I pretty much decided that I'm not as interested anymore. It used to be fun to watch, but the panzies in the office are all about drama and making money.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." - Calvin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-22-2010, 09:32 AM
Grand Touring Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
american football FTL

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Daily Driver (65k miles): APS Intercooled TT, Built Motor, Arias, Eagle, HKS, UTEC, Deutschworks, Wilwood BBK, MB Weapons, Nito NT 555RII, ACT clutch, Fidanza flywheel, KW Variant 3 coilovers, Hotchkis sways, Cusco control arms, Authentic JDM Spec Nismo V2 body kit, Z Speed, Quiafe, HID, AIT R1 Hood, HKS EVC, HKS Hi Flow, custom 3" TD exhaust, APS 3.5" down pipes, GReddy, Defi, AEM
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-22-2010, 04:32 PM
Grand Touring Member

Send a message via AIM to jinxxycat Send a message via Yahoo to jinxxycat
So, you think the punishment is too easy or too harsh? I assume you are speaking of Ben...while he does need to grow up, and keep it in his pants, he was not charged nor convicted of any crime, but he clearly DID violate the NFL's code of conduct...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-22-2010, 05:41 PM
Grand Touring Member

Somewhat surprised to see your take on it Terri. I have a feeling the Rooney family might have played a part in the decision though - they run a pretty clean shop and had no problem getting rid of a former SB MVP for what, a 5th round draft pick? I think it MAY have been a bit harsh but agree, the boy better learn to keep it zipped it. Off the field his decisions have been less than stellar. :help:

Hotchkis Z1 Motorsports JWT Hawk SSR Crawford
ZeeToyz Valentine Sumitomo Royal Purple Zaino

I like my 350 but I love my 300ZX TT more.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-22-2010, 07:38 PM
Grand Touring Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I have always thought that it was absolute crap. It's a bunch of sweaty fat dudes in spandex groping each other. Pretty homoerotic if you ask me.

More importantly, it is disgusting to me that these rapists, murders, gang bangers, drug dealers, and animal abusers are the role models for the young kids in this country.

Finally, the NFL is football's equivalent of the WWE.

'03 Enthusiast-UpRev-Nismo-VOLK-Stillen-Motordyne-INGS+1-Lightwerkz-Brembo-StopTech-Injen-K&N
275WHP/245WTQ
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-29-2010, 11:54 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jinxxycat View Post
So, you think the punishment is too easy or too harsh? I assume you are speaking of Ben...while he does need to grow up, and keep it in his pants, he was not charged nor convicted of any crime, but he clearly DID violate the NFL's code of conduct...
I think it's too harsh based on precedence.

As far as I'm concerned, about 95% of the NFL including the refs and coaches violate the rules of conduct.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." - Calvin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement