I hope Massa survives this horrible incident! - Nissan 350Z Forum, Nissan 370Z Tech Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-26-2009, 10:52 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
<object classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" id="5ir9tgel" width="432" height="415"><param name="movie" value="http://images.video.msn.com/flash/customplayer/1_0/customplayer.swf" /><param name="bgcolor" value="#ffffff" /><param name="base" value="." /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><param name="wmode" value="transparent" /><param name="flashvars" value="player.c=v&player.v=91e6480f-5ce8-4459-bd48-aa83074e5e67&mkt=en-us&brand=foxsports&configCsid=msnvideo&configName= syndicationplayer" /><embed src="http://images.video.msn.com/flash/customplayer/1_0/customplayer.swf" width="432" height="415" id="dlaq2j28" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" pluginspage="http://macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" base="." wmode="transparent" flashvars="player.c=v&player.v=91e6480f-5ce8-4459-bd48-aa83074e5e67&mkt=en-us&brand=foxsports&configCsid=msnvideo&configName= syndicationplayer"></embed></object><noembed>Video: F1 driver stable after crash</noembed>

http://msn.foxsports.com/motor/story/98540...reatening-state

I only heard or read about it yesterday when I was traveling back home.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." - Calvin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-26-2009, 10:59 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

(Thread Starter)
http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/2009/7/9671.html

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." - Calvin
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-26-2009, 12:31 PM
Grand Touring Member

Send a message via AIM to jinxxycat Send a message via Yahoo to jinxxycat
Woah that was a pretty head on straight collision w/ that wall.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-26-2009, 12:47 PM
dad
Grand Touring Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Damn,damn.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-26-2009, 01:31 PM
Base Member

Definitely some scary shit. He&#39;s lucky to be alive.
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-26-2009, 02:42 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

(Thread Starter)
Those cars are built so well, but road debris is just something that can&#39;t be avoided. He&#39;s lucky that he had so much space to coast and slow down before the wall. Gravel traps ftw?

post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-26-2009, 02:47 PM
Grand Touring Member

Send a message via AIM to i8acobra
Wow, debris to the head seems to be a major issue this week. On the 19th, Formula 2 driver Henry Surtees was killed when he got a tire/rim to the head.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JFkw0gxmsUk&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JFkw0gxmsUk&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Aaron B.
&#39;08 Mustang GT/CS
&#39;87 Nissan Hardbody - The "Mud Mobile" (454,000 miles and still counting)

post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-26-2009, 02:48 PM
Base Member

Send a message via AIM to jgruberman Send a message via MSN to jgruberman Send a message via Yahoo to jgruberman
I&#39;ve never seen those tire walls come in handy for anything, but now that I see them in action.... way more effective than I would have previously thought!

If you don't have the time to do it right,
when will you have time to do it over again?
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-26-2009, 03:37 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

(Thread Starter)
My god, I just saw a pic of his head and helmet right after the accident. Brutal.... the look on his face is spine tingling.

post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-26-2009, 03:50 PM

Holy Shyt! A damper spring to the head!!! Glad those helmets are tested and have some of the strictest regs to meet.

'03 HRE 350Z TT Sold
'12 Forgeline G37S Daily
Sponsored Links
Advertisement