Football! Time to talk smack about the pros again! - Page 3 - Nissan 350Z Forum, Nissan 370Z Tech Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #21 of 62 (permalink) Old 11-30-2008, 08:49 PM
Grand Touring Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to jinxxycat Send a message via Yahoo to jinxxycat

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 62 (permalink) Old 12-07-2008, 08:04 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

(Thread Starter)
That was an awesome comeback for the Steelers. I know it was cold, but they sure looked like they didn't show up for the game in the first half. Nice to see them finally warm up.

Does Detroit still have a team? This is turning out to be a really weird season. Fun to see some different teams in the running for the playoffs.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." - Calvin
post #23 of 62 (permalink) Old 12-07-2008, 08:36 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
DETROIT A Fox spokesman apologized for an on-air mistake after the Vikings 20-16 victory over the Detroit Lions.

While a Fox camera crew taped owner Zygi Wilf presenting the game ball to coach Brad Childress, Vikings tight end Visanthe Shiancoe was to the left side of the shot with a towel only partially covering him, exposing his private region.

"It was an obvious oversight on our part, and we apologize," said Dan Bell, the vice president of communications for Fox.

It is unclear how many people picked up on the shot. But the Web site Deadspin posted pictures, which confirm what took place.

Fox regularly goes to the locker room of victorious teams to capture the excitement and then quickly edits and posts the footage as part of their postgame coverage.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." - Calvin

post #24 of 62 (permalink) Old 12-07-2008, 11:37 PM
Base Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
QUOTE (SmoothZ @ Dec 7 2008, 06:04 PM)
Quote:
That was an awesome comeback for the Steelers. I know it was cold, but they sure looked like they didn't show up for the game in the first half. Nice to see them finally warm up.
My favourite part was TO ranting on the sidelines at the end of the game. He had a subpar game, managing to snag a TD pass but was all smiles and giggles until they were down on the scoreboard, then it was his typical sideline rant. I'll be so happy if they don't even make the playoffs this year after being picked by so many to win it all. Maybe TO and LT could start some sort of self-help group to address pouting and other generally bad sideline behaviour.

"Igitur qui desiderat pacem praeparet bellum" - Vegetius

"...all power is inherent in the people; that they may exercise it by themselves; that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed." - Thomas Jefferson
<a href="http://profile.mygamercard.net/WreckinBawl" target="_blank">

</a>
post #25 of 62 (permalink) Old 12-07-2008, 11:39 PM
Base Member

TO is a fag
post #26 of 62 (permalink) Old 12-07-2008, 11:40 PM
Base Member

The Cowgirls are a JOKE. Romo is a JOKE. I am so sick of people putting him on a pedistol saying he is so great. He chokes in the biggest situations. He is a failure at life.
post #27 of 62 (permalink) Old 12-08-2008, 09:50 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

(Thread Starter)
Yeah, I&#39;ve hated Dallas since the early 80&#39;s. I know the Steelers and the Cowboys had their rivalry back in the day, but I&#39;ll never let it go.

As for TO, he&#39;s a big baby.

post #28 of 62 (permalink) Old 12-08-2008, 11:42 AM
Base Member

I&#39;ve always been a Bucs fan - since their first day in the league. I mean come on, bright orange uniforms with a pirate motif - what kid isn&#39;t going to like them? My mom was a Dallas fan and I can remember cheering for them with her when I was really little and even when I was a little older - Emmett Smith, Troy Aikman and Jimmy Johnson were the big reasons. My mom passed away before the influx of thugs and Jerry Jones turning the organization into a mockery of itself. From what I&#39;ve seen, class acts like Roger Staubach and Tony Dorsett have kind of distanced themselves from the franchise, and if Tom Landry were still around, I&#39;d love to hear what he had to say about what the Cowboys (and the NFL in general) have become. That&#39;s why I love watching players like Marvin Harrison and coaches like Tom Coughlin and Bill Parcells - I&#39;m old school.

EDIT: Rife with spelling and punctuation errors.

"Igitur qui desiderat pacem praeparet bellum" - Vegetius

"...all power is inherent in the people; that they may exercise it by themselves; that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed." - Thomas Jefferson
<a href="http://profile.mygamercard.net/WreckinBawl" target="_blank">

</a>
post #29 of 62 (permalink) Old 12-08-2008, 12:28 PM
Base Member

QUOTE (BusyBadger @ Dec 8 2008, 09:42 AM)
Quote:
I come on, birght orange uniforms with a pirate motif
post #30 of 62 (permalink) Old 12-08-2008, 12:29 PM
Base Member

QUOTE (SmoothZ @ Dec 8 2008, 07:50 AM)
Quote:
Yeah, I&#39;ve hated Dallas since the early 80&#39;s. I know the Steelers and the Cowboys had their rivalry back in the day, but I&#39;ll never let it go.

As for TO, he&#39;s a big baby.
I was laughing at him at the end of the game when they showed him bitchin on the sidelines. He is such a bigmouth. He was probably sayying "throw me the ball im the greatest ever and if you dont ill just cry your ears out"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement