post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-12-2008, 10:30 PM Thread Starter
Grand Touring Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to yoshi Send a message via MSN to yoshi
(Thread Starter)
Yeah its early but theres already hype all over the place clearly hahaah

What do you guys think of Georgia being such favorites as the #1 team in america x_x

Or rather, who is your favorite to finish #1? How do you think your team will finish?

I myself have no real solid guess how LSU will turn out with our QB situation. I can see us losing 2-3 games yet I can also see us making it to the SEC CG as well, so it could go either way depending on how well our new QB and our new CBs work out for us, and especially could go either way due to the toughest game, UGA, being at home but we have to visit the Swamp this time

Current (and keeping til it falls apart) - '08 True Red MS3 GT --- Bone Stock :\
Past - '06 350z , '05 Civic Si
Zの方が好きだったけど家族人だから仕方なく5ドアのやつにしなきゃ、と思って
スピードアクセラがちょうどいいなと思って遂に買っちゃった。後悔はない=)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-12-2008, 10:48 PM
Super Moderator

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I live in a Big Ten conference city, but the Gophers seem to have the worst luck ever. Good thing I'm not from here.

I don't have any favorite teams in the NCAA. I personally don't like the setup of the conferences and how they rank teams, so I am a borderline boycotter of NCAA sports.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." - Calvin
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-12-2008, 10:56 PM
Touring Member

I thought this thread was about the video game. I am mildly disappointed...

Got triplets?

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-29-2008, 06:15 PM
Super Moderator

We HAD a good season until they blew it after a commanding 7-1 start. The new stadium is coming around nicely, though.

http://stadium.gophersports.com/

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." - Calvin
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-04-2009, 12:13 PM
Super Moderator

One of the reasons I don't like the NCAA is that it has the dumbest rules. This is why I think games and scores and records are so lopsided.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news...o&type=lgns

This kid should be able to freely choose where he wants to go and get his education and also play to his fullest potential. After all, it's his future that he has to control.

post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-04-2009, 12:36 PM
Grand Touring Member

Send a message via AIM to serx93 Send a message via Yahoo to serx93
QUOTE (SmoothZ @ Jan 4 2009, 09:13 AM)
Quote:
One of the reasons I don't like the NCAA is that it has the dumbest rules. This is why I think games and scores and records are so lopsided.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news...o&type=lgns

This kid should be able to freely choose where he wants to go and get his education and also play to his fullest potential. After all, it's his future that he has to control.
Yep more stupid rules. That ranks right up there with the "BCS Style Points" that encourage teams to try and run up the score and blow out the other team. Whatever happened to sportsman like conduct? I mean damn if you have a huge lead why not coast and save your players instead of just running up the score more.

Also the whole Utah thing bothers me as well. They are the only undefeated them, yet they have no chance to be the National Champs because of some stupid rules.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/reca...073&prov=ap

"I usually downshift when I'm near a Prius so they can hear me hurting the environment"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-04-2009, 12:55 PM
Super Moderator

Yeah, I meet people who are passionate about college ball. I don't understand it much. I would think that the pro arena would be better to watch because it houses the best of the best from the college ranks when they graduate.

College ball is too hyped up on supposed school spirit. To me, it's just a bunch of snotty alma mater and lucrative sponsorships controlling the game. Yes, the players are doing their best to win. However, when you have a schools like USC or OSU or Miami that can attract the best from the field with their aggressive tactics and bottomless pockets, then I don't think that really evens out the playing field for the rest of the nation.

post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-05-2009, 08:32 PM
Super Moderator

My brother and his GF are at the Fiesta Bowl tonight. Because he's such a fan of OSU, I usually root for them. This time will be no different. I'm not a fan of any team from TX.

post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-10-2009, 06:46 PM Thread Starter
Grand Touring Member

Send a message via AIM to yoshi Send a message via MSN to yoshi
(Thread Starter)
well tis all over and SEC is once again champs

6-2 including nat champs and this was our "off" season

sec > all

Current (and keeping til it falls apart) - '08 True Red MS3 GT --- Bone Stock :\
Past - '06 350z , '05 Civic Si
Zの方が好きだったけど家族人だから仕方なく5ドアのやつにしなきゃ、と思って
スピードアクセラがちょうどいいなと思って遂に買っちゃった。後悔はない=)
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-11-2009, 11:32 AM
Base Member

QUOTE (SmoothZ @ Jan 5 2009, 06:32 PM)
Quote:
I'm not a fan of any team from TX.
BLASPHEMY! (I was born in Lubbock)

That being said, it was nice to see an SEC team win since I live in TN at the moment, I'd have been pretty torn on who to pull for if Texas Tech would have been in the BCS Championship game. Add to that Tebow using that "Fourth Best Quarterback in the Big 12" comment as motivation for the big game. Based on his performance the other night he might be the "Best Running Back in the Big 12".

I'd be curious to hear what the media in OK is saying about Stoops and his inability to win the big game.

"Igitur qui desiderat pacem praeparet bellum" - Vegetius

"...all power is inherent in the people; that they may exercise it by themselves; that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed." - Thomas Jefferson
<a href="http://profile.mygamercard.net/WreckinBawl" target="_blank">

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
</a>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement