NTSB recommends full ban on cell phone use while driving - Page 2 - Nissan 350Z Forum, Nissan 370Z Tech Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-20-2011, 10:52 AM Thread Starter
Grand Touring Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoothz View Post
I've seen idiots that can't drive because someone is talking to them in the car and they're having a conversation. Is that something that should be banned? How about radios and movie players? What's next?

I'm inclined to leave it to discretion instead of a 100% ban. I definitely think texting while driving is bad, but I don't think talking on a wireless system is as bad.

When you step in a vehicle and drive on public roads, you're taking a risk no matter what. There are other dangers out there.
People pay less attention to driving while trying to communicate via cell phone because they are trying to pick up on visual cues that are not available such as the other persons body language or hand gestures.

You can pick up on these visual cues when you're talking to a passenger in the car so you're not distracted.

DVDs (viewed from the cockpit) are locked out while the vehicle is in motion unless hacked.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-20-2011, 02:52 PM
Grand Touring Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I avoid the cell phone as much as possible while driving - I always feel like I don't remember a thing about the drive after finishing a call, and that can't be good. Hell, 10 naked women could be on the side of the road and I swear I would not see them
I know a few folks who claim it does not affect them but I have ridden with some of them and yes, it does affect you, sorry for your luck. And 90% of the time, when I see idiocy being practiced behind the wheel, the driver is on the phone in some fashion. I won't be complaining about that ban.....

Hotchkis Z1 Motorsports JWT Hawk SSR Crawford
ZeeToyz Valentine Sumitomo Royal Purple Zaino

I like my 350 but I love my 300ZX TT more.
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-27-2011, 03:26 PM
Grand Touring Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
What a knee jerk reaction to one accident.

Traffic fatalities are at their lowest levels and we get legislation like this. Talk about overkill...

Maybe the Federal Government can recommend locking us all up in a padded room to protect* us...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-27-2011, 09:26 PM
Super Moderator

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
WB Robin.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." - Calvin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement