Palin on Newsweek cover - Page 2 - Nissan 350Z Forum, Nissan 370Z Tech Forums
User Tag List

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-15-2011, 01:03 PM
Grand Touring Member
 
idrm350's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 3,254
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I am a conservative and like most conservatives, I am tired of her. She doesn't represent the majority of conservatives and she makes conservatives look bad. On this issue, I am not shy about blaming liberals for keeping her in the spotlight with their hatred.

'03 Enthusiast-UpRev-Nismo-VOLK-Stillen-Motordyne-INGS+1-Lightwerkz-Brembo-StopTech-Injen-K&N
275WHP/245WTQ
idrm350 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-15-2011, 02:06 PM
Moderator
 
Ronin Z's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: NorCal
Posts: 4,328
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by idrm350 View Post
I am a conservative and like most conservatives, I am tired of her. She doesn't represent the majority of conservatives and she makes conservatives look bad. On this issue, I am not shy about blaming liberals for keeping her in the spotlight with their hatred.
I wouldn't quite say that... You may be a conservative, but I don't think you have license to speak for most conservatives. There are a whole bunch of people on the conservative side of the fence that absolutely worship her. Liberals aren't buying her books. Liberals aren't lining up in droves at her public appearances. Liberals are not watching her on Fox News. Liberals aren't paying her exorbitant speaking fees. That's your fellow conservatives doing that.

Oh, and BTW...
Sarah Palin Evokes Strong Emotions Among Republicans

-RZ


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"If you want me to treat your ideas with more respect, get some better ideas." -John Scalzi
Vi veri universum vivus vici

Ronin Z is offline  
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-15-2011, 08:51 PM
Grand Touring Member
 
idrm350's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 3,254
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin Z View Post
I wouldn't quite say that... You may be a conservative, but I don't think you have license to speak for most conservatives. There are a whole bunch of people on the conservative side of the fence that absolutely worship her. Liberals aren't buying her books. Liberals aren't lining up in droves at her public appearances. Liberals are not watching her on Fox News. Liberals aren't paying her exorbitant speaking fees. That's your fellow conservatives doing that.

Oh, and BTW...
Sarah Palin Evokes Strong Emotions Among Republicans

-RZ
Quote:
Sarah Palin Evokes Strong Emotions Among Republicans
Her 25% strongly favorable rating is the highest of any candidate tested
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDrm350 View Post
I am a conservative and like most conservatives, I am tired of her. She doesn't represent the majority of conservatives and she makes conservatives look bad. On this issue, I am not shy about blaming liberals for keeping her in the spotlight with their hatred.
Big difference between a Republican and a Conservative IMO. If you don't think that Liberals need find something better to do with their time than hate on Palin, I don't know what to tell you. Maybe they could find something constructive to do? In addition, part of her popularity with some Republicans is that liberals get all bent out of shape at the mere mention of her name. That's the only thing that was ever good about her but now it's just aggravating.

'03 Enthusiast-UpRev-Nismo-VOLK-Stillen-Motordyne-INGS+1-Lightwerkz-Brembo-StopTech-Injen-K&N
275WHP/245WTQ
idrm350 is offline  
 
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-15-2011, 09:57 PM
Moderator
 
Ronin Z's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: NorCal
Posts: 4,328
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by idrm350 View Post
Big difference between a Republican and a Conservative IMO.
Yeah, I'm familiar with the line of reasoning. It boils down to a person doing conservative things, and succeeding, gets to call themselves "Conservative". A person doing equally conservative things but failing gets called a "Republican".

-RZ


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"If you want me to treat your ideas with more respect, get some better ideas." -John Scalzi
Vi veri universum vivus vici

Ronin Z is offline  
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-16-2011, 04:56 AM
Grand Touring Member
 
yoshi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Baton Rouge, LA
Posts: 1,264
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to yoshi Send a message via MSN to yoshi
Speaking of generalizations, jdrm350 you must be a rare sight in your part of the country being conservative. :P

You know it's really all the same though, there are as many haters on the other side of the fence who can't leave Obama and others alone. I think it's all an absolutely worthless waste of time, but it's people we are talking about so it's kinda a given deal.

But then again yeah, Palin is just a person without much real authority or power over anything at all other than the power to make her followers laugh or point fingers or so. At least when you got a guy ruling over a country more or less it makes the criticisms seem a tiny bit more worthwhile :\ (half said in sarcasm)

Current (and keeping til it falls apart) - '08 True Red MS3 GT --- Bone Stock :\
Past - '06 350z , '05 Civic Si
Zの方が好きだったけど家族人だから仕方なく5ドアのやつにしなきゃ、と思って
スピードアクセラがちょうどいいなと思って遂に買っちゃった。後悔はない=)
yoshi is offline  
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-18-2011, 11:38 PM
Grand Touring Member
 
idrm350's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 3,254
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by yoshi View Post
Speaking of generalizations, jdrm350 you must be a rare sight in your part of the country being conservative. :P

You know it's really all the same though, there are as many haters on the other side of the fence who can't leave Obama and others alone. I think it's all an absolutely worthless waste of time, but it's people we are talking about so it's kinda a given deal.

But then again yeah, Palin is just a person without much real authority or power over anything at all other than the power to make her followers laugh or point fingers or so. At least when you got a guy ruling over a country more or less it makes the criticisms seem a tiny bit more worthwhile :\ (half said in sarcasm)
Orange County is more conservative than the rest of California but you are correct. There aren't many conservatives in CA. I'm a transplant so maybe that plays a role.

I agree with you on it being a colossal waste of time, that was kind of my original point.

'03 Enthusiast-UpRev-Nismo-VOLK-Stillen-Motordyne-INGS+1-Lightwerkz-Brembo-StopTech-Injen-K&N
275WHP/245WTQ
idrm350 is offline  
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-19-2011, 08:15 AM Thread Starter
Grand Touring Member
 
KShep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Salusa Secundus
Posts: 12,469
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
NSFW language


Maher cracks me up.

And no, this lone video doesn't prove anyones point. There are volumes of other media available promoting the conservative fascination with Sarahs alpha-female posturing.
KShep is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome