User Tag List

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #11 of 96 (permalink) Old 07-25-2008, 07:21 AM
Enthusiast Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Let me just throw this one out there...forget about religion, forget about pro-choice/pro-life, forget about all of that...what if the aborted pregnancy is not just the elimination of an unborn fetus? What if it is actually the murder of a human being? Seriously, before you throw up the BS flag and start throwing out "it's the woman's body etc.", consider for a moment the implications of all of that being wrong: 50,000,000 murdered future US citizens who could be paying for medicare, social security, etc. 50,000,000 minds that could be creating the next clean power alternative. If you consider yourself to be an open minded human being...then think about the implications of being wrong about this: If you're right and it's ok to abort a pregnancy, then it's no big deal, but if you are wrong, and it's murder to abort a pregnancy, then how many of us have blood on our hands and heads? Food for thought.

EDIT: To the Moderators, thanks for not closing this thread. As long as it stays civil, it should remain open. It shows a lot of character on your part to allow a thread to remain open that you disagree w/ or you see as having potential for a pissing match.

To the rest of the members, the purpose of this sub-forum IS to discuss religion and politics. Getting angry about a topic that is centered on both of those area's is a betrayal of the policy of "leave your emotions at the door". If you disagree w/ the topic, just don't post to it, it's that simple.

2005 350z Touring Roadster - Le Mans Sunset, Goodyear F1 AS tires, NISMO Cold Air Intake
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 96 (permalink) Old 07-25-2008, 07:53 AM
Grand Touring Member

Send a message via AIM to yoshi Send a message via MSN to yoshi
I am completely on the fence which I hate, I hate being on fences x_x but this one I cant avoid

50% of me - Religious reasons of course apply. Also what applies is what Brandon said; I wont bother repeating his words haha. Alot of aborted pregnancies are not crack baby type situations. Theyre just people who forgot to take care when they had sex that one night. There was no excuse.

Other half - Alot are also yes crack baby type situations. Thats a completely different situation than the above. There are also rapes. If the woman didnt ever want a child and she had no say so when she was raped, she kkinda to me has the deserved right to not bear a child even though it does strongly go against my religious beliefs. Thats just the more practical side of me speaking.

Current (and keeping til it falls apart) - '08 True Red MS3 GT --- Bone Stock :\
Past - '06 350z , '05 Civic Si
Zの方が好きだったけど家族人だから仕方なく5ドアのやつにしなきゃ、と思って
スピードアクセラがちょうどいいなと思って遂に買っちゃった。後悔はない=)
post #13 of 96 (permalink) Old 07-25-2008, 02:26 PM
Grand Touring Member

QUOTE (overbybr @ Jul 25 2008, 06:21 AM)
Quote:
Let me just throw this one out there...forget about religion, forget about pro-choice/pro-life, forget about all of that...what if the aborted pregnancy is not just the elimination of an unborn fetus? What if it is actually the murder of a human being? Seriously, before you throw up the BS flag and start throwing out "it's the woman's body etc.", consider for a moment the implications of all of that being wrong: 50,000,000 murdered future US citizens who could be paying for medicare, social security, etc. 50,000,000 minds that could be creating the next clean power alternative. If you consider yourself to be an open minded human being...then think about the implications of being wrong about this: If you're right and it's ok to abort a pregnancy, then it's no big deal, but if you are wrong, and it's murder to abort a pregnancy, then how many of us have blood on our hands and heads? Food for thought.

EDIT: To the Moderators, thanks for not closing this thread. As long as it stays civil, it should remain open. It shows a lot of character on your part to allow a thread to remain open that you disagree w/ or you see as having potential for a pissing match.

To the rest of the members, the purpose of this sub-forum IS to discuss religion and politics. Getting angry about a topic that is centered on both of those area's is a betrayal of the policy of "leave your emotions at the door". If you disagree w/ the topic, just don't post to it, it's that simple.
As for the whole murder part that's taking it to a major extreme...i do believe that they have a time period to do this in before any human senses or anything to that matter forms so to take it to an extreme it's the same as us eating billions of baby creatures every year, so why are we allowed to do that to any other species and when something along those lines minus the eating part is completey wrong? there are too many people in this country that try to dictate how we should all live even though we are a melting pot with many different cultures, etc...

and i laughed when you said that 50 million citizens are getting murdered who could be paying medicare, etc....MAJORITY of these would be sucking up medicare benefits for years because of the potential of being raised not only with one parent but most of the time it's a teen who is still either living with their parents or is in college with no job...how do you expect them to pay for anything when medicare takes these cases like candy from a baby...do you expect them to say now i gotta get 2 jobs JUST to scrape by another day??

AAM ► Amsoil ► AEM ► APS ► Hawk ► Ingalls ► G2 ► Greddy ► Gauge Hut ► JL Audio ► JVD Graphics ► JWT ► Lamin-X ► Meguiar's ► Motordyne ► Motul ► Nismo ► NGK ► Pioneer ► Rota RotoPros ► SPC Stance Techna Fit ► TiTek ► UR Z1 Performance ► ZeetoyZ ► Z-Speed Z-Xtreme

Quote:
You know what Super Black owners call PPW???

Primer.

post #14 of 96 (permalink) Old 07-25-2008, 03:09 PM
Grand Touring Member

Hot debate topic....will never find a neutral ground. When abortion became legal it became cemented into our society and will most likely never go away. From my position of Christian faith I choose life.....however, also from my position of faith, I know that God has given the world He created choice. We have a choice to accept God or deny Him. We have the choice to work and be productive or to leach off of the system. We have the choice to be gay, straight, bi.....what-ever. My point? It's legal and continues to be legal through the voting of the masses. I'll sign the petition....I believe in life but I won't bash on anybody that chooses otherwise. I am proud that you have the balls to stand for what you believe in.....too many people hide behind someone else and let them take the heat

Factory Five Cobra Levy Racing Built
Stage 3 Levy racing 347
Baer racing brakes
Four corner coil overs
Halibrand wheels
0 to 60 3.5 sec, 160 MPH Top End.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2003 350Z-6 spd Chrome Silver Touring
GTM built forged motor, STS Single turbo
Willwood BBK (6 pot & 4 pot) Hotchkis Swaybars
Eibach Pro's & Koni's Probuilt Flywheel & 6 puck clutch
AEM & Autometer gauges 350Z source bumber
BCR harness bar /impact racing 6 point harness
Carbon Fiber TS rear diffuser
Mahadi 19's 245Frnt, 275Rear T1R's (street)
ROTA 18's 265Frnt, 285Rear BFG R1's (Track)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #15 of 96 (permalink) Old 07-25-2008, 03:20 PM

Interesting spin, Jim. I don't believe in god, but thinking from the believer's perspective... god wanted us to have a choice, but I think we should take that choice away from each other. Makes sense
post #16 of 96 (permalink) Old 07-25-2008, 03:30 PM
Enthusiast Member

QUOTE (Z you later @ Jul 25 2008, 12:26 PM)
Quote:
As for the whole murder part that's taking it to a major extreme...i do believe that they have a time period to do this in before any human senses or anything to that matter forms so to take it to an extreme it's the same as us eating billions of baby creatures every year, so why are we allowed to do that to any other species and when something along those lines minus the eating part is completey wrong? there are too many people in this country that try to dictate how we should all live even though we are a melting pot with many different cultures, etc...

and i laughed when you said that 50 million citizens are getting murdered who could be paying medicare, etc....MAJORITY of these would be sucking up medicare benefits for years because of the potential of being raised not only with one parent but most of the time it's a teen who is still either living with their parents or is in college with no job...how do you expect them to pay for anything when medicare takes these cases like candy from a baby...do you expect them to say now i gotta get 2 jobs JUST to scrape by another day??
What if you're wrong though? What if the 'extreme' of murder is actually the reality? What if the human senses are developed much earlier than modern science can detect? What if that little embryo/fetus is not just an organism, but life? If the extreme is actually the reality, then there's a lot for people to answer for. If you're going to err, err on the side of caution.

2005 350z Touring Roadster - Le Mans Sunset, Goodyear F1 AS tires, NISMO Cold Air Intake
post #17 of 96 (permalink) Old 07-25-2008, 03:38 PM
Grand Touring Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to jinxxycat Send a message via Yahoo to jinxxycat
All I have to say on the matter is that people deserve a CHOICE. This is the good old US of A correct?

post #18 of 96 (permalink) Old 07-25-2008, 03:54 PM

QUOTE (overbybr @ Jul 25 2008, 12:30 PM)
Quote:
If you're going to err, err on the side of freedom.
fixed
post #19 of 96 (permalink) Old 07-25-2008, 04:20 PM
Grand Touring Member

QUOTE (Skeptik @ Jul 25 2008, 10:20 AM)
Quote:
Interesting spin, Jim. I don't believe in god, but thinking from the believer's perspective... god wanted us to have a choice, but I think we should take that choice away from each other. Makes sense

Not quite that simple....I can choose to jump in front of a bus or shoot someone in the head. Hard to argue "how dare you take away my choice". Like I said...hot topic. I can only do what I feel is right and work at being cool to everyone whether or not they believe like me or not.

Factory Five Cobra Levy Racing Built
Stage 3 Levy racing 347
Baer racing brakes
Four corner coil overs
Halibrand wheels
0 to 60 3.5 sec, 160 MPH Top End.

2003 350Z-6 spd Chrome Silver Touring
GTM built forged motor, STS Single turbo
Willwood BBK (6 pot & 4 pot) Hotchkis Swaybars
Eibach Pro's & Koni's Probuilt Flywheel & 6 puck clutch
AEM & Autometer gauges 350Z source bumber
BCR harness bar /impact racing 6 point harness
Carbon Fiber TS rear diffuser
Mahadi 19's 245Frnt, 275Rear T1R's (street)
ROTA 18's 265Frnt, 285Rear BFG R1's (Track)

post #20 of 96 (permalink) Old 07-25-2008, 05:13 PM

I think abortions should be legally performed up until the age of 40. Some people....possibly 75-80.

I just like having options.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread