Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #91 of 96 (permalink) Old 08-02-2008, 09:57 PM
Grand Touring Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to jinxxycat Send a message via Yahoo to jinxxycat
The thing is, you guys can about it day and night and not a ONE of you really would understand anything about a woman's right to CHOOSE.

period.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 96 (permalink) Old 08-02-2008, 10:12 PM
Grand Touring Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I said it waaaayyy back...this is a hot topic that has a right answer... the problem is the right answer/solution is something different for everyone. Just out of curiosity, how many of you that have posted the opinion "it's a womans body and only she has the right to decide" have children of your own? I'm not saying that it changed the intellectual base of your argument but it MIGHT change the attitude of your heart. I have two kids that mean the world to me.....they complete me and my life and my marriage in every way. If two consenting adults have at it and get pregnant.....the child in womb is every bit as much the fathers even though "housed" in mom for a least 9 months. I know, I know Roe -vs- Wade decided this already but as a dad that fiercly loves his daughters.....I disagree. Just food for thought.
I am one of the few that speaks out my faith as a Christian on this sight...other than Yoshi... so I want to make clear my post from the beining on "free will". Bare with me. Free will, allowed by God, is His greatest expression of love. God freely gives and we are free to take or deny his gift(s). If we were forced to follow-obey-worship-love.....God, it would be a counterfit relationship (sometimes called religion) God desires a deep true relationship with us and lets us go in order that we might choose to return. In the process, there are a million choices to be made inbetween just one of which is abortion. Personally, I don't think it's pleasing to God and, because I am compelled to follow him, it's not pleasing to me. Here is the tricky part....I state that God love us enough to let us have choice...so I then must be compelled to do the same. I may not like your choice but I will do my best to love on you anyway....that's just the way God rolls............... and so do I.

Factory Five Cobra Levy Racing Built
Stage 3 Levy racing 347
Baer racing brakes
Four corner coil overs
Halibrand wheels
0 to 60 3.5 sec, 160 MPH Top End.

2003 350Z-6 spd Chrome Silver Touring
GTM built forged motor, STS Single turbo
Willwood BBK (6 pot & 4 pot) Hotchkis Swaybars
Eibach Pro's & Koni's Probuilt Flywheel & 6 puck clutch
AEM & Autometer gauges 350Z source bumber
BCR harness bar /impact racing 6 point harness
Carbon Fiber TS rear diffuser
Mahadi 19's 245Frnt, 275Rear T1R's (street)
ROTA 18's 265Frnt, 285Rear BFG R1's (Track)

post #93 of 96 (permalink) Old 08-02-2008, 10:14 PM
Grand Touring Member

QUOTE (jinxxycat @ Aug 2 2008, 04:54 PM)
Quote:
You guys are killing me..

One question:

Do I get a say in the matter?

I think that's the only question that needs to be asked.

Absolutley....

Factory Five Cobra Levy Racing Built
Stage 3 Levy racing 347
Baer racing brakes
Four corner coil overs
Halibrand wheels
0 to 60 3.5 sec, 160 MPH Top End.

2003 350Z-6 spd Chrome Silver Touring
GTM built forged motor, STS Single turbo
Willwood BBK (6 pot & 4 pot) Hotchkis Swaybars
Eibach Pro's & Koni's Probuilt Flywheel & 6 puck clutch
AEM & Autometer gauges 350Z source bumber
BCR harness bar /impact racing 6 point harness
Carbon Fiber TS rear diffuser
Mahadi 19's 245Frnt, 275Rear T1R's (street)
ROTA 18's 265Frnt, 285Rear BFG R1's (Track)

post #94 of 96 (permalink) Old 08-02-2008, 11:41 PM
Grand Touring Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to jinxxycat Send a message via Yahoo to jinxxycat
QUOTE (JimZ350 @ Aug 2 2008, 11:12 PM)
Quote:
.I state that God love us enough to let us have choice...so I then must be compelled to do the same. I may not like your choice but I will do my best to love on you anyway....that's just the way God rolls............... and so do I.
thank you sir

post #95 of 96 (permalink) Old 08-03-2008, 01:26 AM
Grand Touring Member

Send a message via MSN to ambigu0us
Michele's Turn to Contribute!

QUOTE (buzzardmountain @ Jul 24 2008, 07:43 PM)
Quote:
Abortion is used as birth control these days.........no one wants to accept responsibility for their actions.
Using "absolutes" is a no-no. "no one" is a false statement and I am going to be the "one" that proves you wrong.

I use the pill - faithfully. When I'm on antibiotics, I still take my pill and use condoms. I have had scares -- a few of them, one VERY recently. I was so sick over it! OMG how could I have let that happen? Thankfully -- I wasn't pregnant!!!

We are choosing NOT to have children. Conscious decision between husband and wife.
I have asked -- The doctor won't "snip" him or I yet as "we're too young to make that permanent decision". Maybe I need to try a new doctor, but she wasn't the first one to tell me that.

I am not a healthy person, and the odds of having a very sick baby are very high. I do NOT want to bring a sick baby into this world. Why would anyone?! "because it's what we're supposed to do"? OH HELL NO! Survival of the fittest not b/c of technology and medical advances! (that may hit home with some of you, and I'm sorry, but I do believe in it).

I am lucky to be around b/c of medical technology -- doesn't mean I should be, and it sure does mean (to me) that I shouldn't procreate!

I had a drunken and abusive gather and I have aggressive tendencies myself. I would probably have a "shakin' baby" dead in a crib if I had one. I would be in jail b/c I killed a baby. WTF good does that do?! If I'm correct, alcoholism is an inheritable trait, or at least prone to become one.

I think my mom's gone loony -- does crazy run in the family?

My family health history is filled with cancer, diabetes, and heart disease. Why would I give that to a child?

If I get pregnant -- there is no way in this life that I am having it! NO WAY! Clinic here I come!

QUOTE (DogZilla @ Jul 28 2008, 05:43 PM)
Quote:
People need to be tested and licensed before having kids. Then, if they qualify to be parents, they need to wait 1-2 year afterwards to become pregnant. And yes, I'm 100% serious.

When it comes to babies, just because you can.....doesn't mean you should.
I couldn't agree more! I feel there should be health screenings, mental screening, money, educated, jobs, etc.

Life | Enjoying the Raptor and the 370Z.

Check out my new blog:
post #96 of 96 (permalink) Old 08-03-2008, 10:35 AM

Like I said; only women have a right to decide, and this issue will never be settled. Especially on a car forum. All it does is make people resentful. It's my belief more than enough has been said in this thread.

Terri and Michele win, period.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread