3 arrested by Border Patrol - Page 4 - Nissan 350Z Forum, Nissan 370Z Tech Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #31 of 38 (permalink) Old 11-16-2007, 02:25 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Their not hippies!They are "radicals"!
More like "radical├Ęs"!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 38 (permalink) Old 11-16-2007, 05:08 PM Thread Starter
dad
Grand Touring Member

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Lets not forget MS13. They're about the deadliest gang out there now.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mara_Salvatrucha

People think the only problem, is that they are coming here for jobs.
post #33 of 38 (permalink) Old 11-16-2007, 10:29 PM
Grand Touring Member

I watched a good documentary today on the Sundance channel called "Wetback". It chronicles the experiences of two people trying to cross the Rio Grande to America, a few Border Patrol officers and a group of border Vigilantes.

There was a story in there told by a Padre, wherein he assisted a mother from Honduras who then left his mission to try and get into America. She called him and said she had been caught by a Border Patrol officer and before being processed she asked him to please take out his gun and shoot her right there. She was crying and she asked that he then call her sons in Honduras and tell them their mother lived her dream and died on American soil. The Border Patrol officer uncuffed her and said, "You're free to go. I never saw you." She was calling the Padre from Chicago.

I was hoping they were going to give the name of the officer, but they didn't. ;) The documentary was well done and told a story from several perspectives.

"I'm Shiva the God of Death.", Michael Clayton.

post #34 of 38 (permalink) Old 11-17-2007, 04:58 AM
Performance Member

Send a message via Yahoo to chrisaray
QUOTE(chrisaray @ Nov 15 2007, 11:34 PM)
"In the first place we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the man's becoming in very fact an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag, and this excludes the red flag, which symbolizes all wars against liberty and civilization, just as much as it excludes any foreign flag of a nation to which we are hostile...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Quote:
Wow. I think this says it all. 100 years later and it is exactly on the mark. I wholeheartedly agree. We should plaster this up everywhere (in Spanish of course).

Well pass it on Brother... It's the real deal. It's what it was all originally about...

06 Touring 5AT
-UpRev Osirus - 3.9 Gears - Nismo Cams - Nismo Headers - B-Line test pipes - AAM Y-Pipe - Nismo Exhaust - Motordyne 5/16" spacer
- JWT Pop Charger
post #35 of 38 (permalink) Old 11-17-2007, 05:27 AM Thread Starter
dad
Grand Touring Member

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Not against it? Why

I have nothing against the French.
post #36 of 38 (permalink) Old 11-17-2007, 05:56 AM
Enthusiast Member

Send a message via AIM to californiadreaming Send a message via MSN to californiadreaming
Quote:
Where?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2004/ Touring/ Carbon Silver
[] STILLEN [] K&N [] Hotchkis TVS []
post #37 of 38 (permalink) Old 11-17-2007, 11:51 AM
Super Moderator

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
"In the first place we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the man's becoming in very fact an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag, and this excludes the red flag, which symbolizes all wars against liberty and civilization, just as much as it excludes any foreign flag of a nation to which we are hostile...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907
He was a cool cat.

Too bad there aren't more like him inside DC.

Quote:
I have nothing against the French.
I do. It's usually when I'm bumping uglies....

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." - Calvin
post #38 of 38 (permalink) Old 11-18-2007, 07:44 PM Thread Starter
dad
Grand Touring Member

(Thread Starter)
Quote:

Theodore Roosevelt 1907
Sounds Great! Plus close the border! Or they will just keep coming across!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement