"I have a million ideas. The country can't afford them all." - Hillary Clinton - Nissan 350Z Forum, Nissan 370Z Tech Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 33 (permalink) Old 10-11-2007, 11:21 AM Thread Starter
Grand Touring Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Makes you shudder, huh?

Quote:
Clinton recently floated the idea of issuing a $5,000 bond to each baby born in the United States to help pay for college and a first home, but it immediately inspired Republican ridicule and she quickly said she would not implement the proposal.

She defended that decision yesterday, saying she is focusing on proposals with more political support and she is not formally proposing anything she can't fund without increasing the deficit: "I have a million ideas. The country can't afford them all."
http://www.boston.com/news/nation/articles...e_power?mode=PF

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 33 (permalink) Old 10-11-2007, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Quote:
"I have a million ideas. The country can't afford them all."
Makes you shudder, huh?
[/quote]
Luckily Bush only had one idea. Look where that's gotten us.
post #3 of 33 (permalink) Old 10-11-2007, 11:43 AM
Grand Touring Member

I know she is sooooo stupid! This is almost as bad of an idea as continuing tax cuts during a time of war......oh yeah, never mind.

post #4 of 33 (permalink) Old 10-11-2007, 12:05 PM
Administrator

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to toykilla Send a message via Yahoo to toykilla
The country cant afford Bush's one terrible idea. I wouldnt mind paying for a ton of smaller good ideas.

AIM: jbass350z

post #5 of 33 (permalink) Old 10-11-2007, 12:10 PM
Grand Touring Member

I don't car how good the idea(s) are. If you can't afford it you can't do it. Republicans have a hard time with this because they think things like tax cuts will improve the economy. the Dems sometimes think that no matter how bad our deficit or situation is having a bleeding heart and spending money on social programs is always worth it. If you are not fiscally responsible neither of the above are right IMO.
post #6 of 33 (permalink) Old 10-11-2007, 12:14 PM
dad
Grand Touring Member

That's the stupidest thing I've heard so far.$5,000 bond to each baby born-that's like marrying a bitch that's pregnant,and the kid is not yours.

The Mexican illegal immigrants would abuse that bond.
post #7 of 33 (permalink) Old 10-11-2007, 12:20 PM Thread Starter
Grand Touring Member

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Makes you shudder, huh?

Luckily Bush only had one idea. Look where that's gotten us.

Quote:
The country cant afford Bush's one terrible idea. I wouldnt mind paying for a ton of smaller good ideas.
I guess unfortunately for you guys.....she voted to authorize that "one terrible idea".......

post #8 of 33 (permalink) Old 10-11-2007, 12:22 PM
Grand Touring Member

Quote:
I don't car how good the idea(s) are. If you can't afford it you can't do it. Republicans have a hard time with this because they think things like tax cuts will improve the economy. the Dems sometimes think that no matter how bad our deficit or situation is having a bleeding heart and spending money on social programs is always worth it. If you are not fiscally responsible neither of the above are right IMO.
In case you havent noticed we have a very strong economy.
post #9 of 33 (permalink) Old 10-11-2007, 01:08 PM
Grand Touring Member

This could be a whole nother thread, but in case you have not noticed that is completely subjective. What is not subjective is our record deficits, or pathetic2% per year gdp growth in contrast to the average developed counties 3.5, and the fact that 3 out of 4 people polled in a Gallup pole think we are heading to a recession. consumer confidence is very important. Also the dollar is a record low makes compared to the euro Canada and many other currencies. Oh yeah and i seem to remember being a problem with the housing market to.

tell me about this strong economy again. And please use something other than the stock market as a barometer.
post #10 of 33 (permalink) Old 10-11-2007, 01:08 PM
Grand Touring Member

Quote:
I guess unfortunately for you guys.....she voted to authorize that "one terrible idea".......
True that!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement