Do you believe in a GOD? - Page 26 - Nissan 350Z Forum, Nissan 370Z Tech Forums
View Poll Results: Do you believe in a God??
Judeo-Christian God/Allah 34 37.78%
Buddha 0 0%
Hindu 0 0%
Nature spirits/Wicca 2 2.22%
Universal Consciousness 2 2.22%
Athiest 28 31.11%
Agnostic 24 26.67%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #251 of 258 (permalink) Old 04-20-2010, 09:07 AM
Grand Touring Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to ambigu0us
I finally voted! Atheist here.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Life | Enjoying the Raptor and the 370Z.

Check out my new blog:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #252 of 258 (permalink) Old 09-02-2010, 03:34 PM
dad
Grand Touring Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambigu0us View Post
I finally voted! Atheist here.
Like I didn't already know!
post #253 of 258 (permalink) Old 09-02-2010, 03:39 PM
dad
Grand Touring Member

God did not create the universe, says Hawking

By Michael Holden Michael Holden – Thu Sep 2, 9:08 am ET
LONDON (Reuters) – God did not create the universe and the "Big Bang" was an inevitable consequence of the laws of physics, the eminent British theoretical physicist Stephen Hawking argues in a new book.
In "The Grand Design," co-authored with U.S. physicist Leonard Mlodinow, says a new series of theories made a creator of the universe redundant, according to the Times newspaper which published extracts on Thursday.
"Because there is a law such as gravity, the universe can and will create itself from nothing. Spontaneous creation is the reason there is something rather than nothing, why the universe exists, why we exist," Hawking writes.
"It is not necessary to invoke God to light the blue touch paper and set the universe going."
Hawking, 68, who won global recognition with his 1988 book "A Brief History of Time," an account of the origins of the universe, is renowned for his work on black holes, .
Since 1974, the scientist has worked on marrying the two cornerstones of modern physics -- Albert Einstein's General Theory of Relativity, which concerns gravity and large-scale phenomena, and quantum theory, which covers subatomic particles.
His latest comments suggest he has broken away from previous views he has expressed on religion. Previously, he wrote that the laws of physics meant it was simply not necessary to believe that God had intervened in the Big Bang.
He wrote in A Brief History ... "If we discover a complete theory, it would be the ultimate triumph of human reason -- for then we should know the mind of God."
In his latest book, he said the 1992 discovery of a planet orbiting another star other than the Sun helped deconstruct the view of the father of physics Isaac Newton that the universe could not have arisen out of chaos but was created by God.
"That makes the coincidences of our planetary conditions -- the single Sun, the lucky combination of Earth-Sun distance and solar mass, far less remarkable, and far less compelling evidence that the Earth was carefully designed just to please us human beings," he writes.
Hawking, who is only able to speak through a computer-generated voice synthesizer, has a neuro muscular dystrophy that has progressed over the years and left him almost completely paralyzed.
He began suffering the disease in his early 20s but went on to establish himself as one of the world's leading scientific authorities, and has also made guest appearances in "Star Trek" and the cartoons "Futurama" and "The Simpsons."
Last year he announced he was stepping down as Cambridge University's Lucasian Professor of Mathematics, a position once held by Newton and one he had held since 1979.
"The Grand Design" is due to go on sale next week.

God did not create the universe, says Hawking - Yahoo! News

post #254 of 258 (permalink) Old 09-02-2010, 09:13 PM
Touring Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dad View Post
In his latest book, he said the 1992 discovery of a planet orbiting another star other than the Sun helped deconstruct the view of the father of physics Isaac Newton that the universe could not have arisen out of chaos but was created by God.
Wat?

This has to be misquoted or oversimplified. A planet orbiting another star disproves a creator?

I know the guy is far smarter than I will ever be, but proving a negative is a rather tall order.

This position seems akin to saying the discovery of a buddhist statue in Afghanistan "proves" the faces on Mt Rushmore where a random occurrence and therefore had no creator.
post #255 of 258 (permalink) Old 04-11-2011, 02:25 AM
Base Member

yes i believe in God and his son Jesus Christ our savior...
post #256 of 258 (permalink) Old 04-11-2011, 03:51 PM
dad
Grand Touring Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gio350z View Post
yes i believe in God and his son Jesus Christ our savior...
“Religion has actually convinced people that there is an invisible man living in the sky, and he has a special list of ten things he does not want you to do. And if you do any of these things he will send you to a place full of fire, and smoke, and burn and torture forever and ever ’till the end of time…. but he loves you.

"And he needs money.”
- George Carlin
post #257 of 258 (permalink) Old 03-07-2013, 05:41 PM

I'm an atheist...please don't spell it wrong!

Was raised in one of the 300 varieties of christism and attended a dozen or so other flavors until I realized it was all BS. God is Imaginary - 50 simple proofs

:D
Quote:
Originally Posted by art_suckz View Post
Do you believe in a higher power? Universal consciousness? Any type of spirit world...? If so then vote.

If you guys think of any more forms of God we can add it later.
post #258 of 258 (permalink) Old 06-18-2014, 09:53 PM
Base Member

Send a message via AIM to ut steve Send a message via Yahoo to ut steve
Yes I do believe in God and I am a Christian. That is my choice, I respect your choice to not be a Christian and not beleive in God. I do wonder how many times you will have to dump out Lincoln Logs before a Log Cabin spontanously appears.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement