User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #31 of 37 (permalink) Old 09-13-2007, 05:36 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Too bad Americans are lazy voters.
I think Americans are lazy voters because many perceive almost no change despite their vote. They swap out this guy for that guy, and nothing happens.

Ronin Z

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"If you want me to treat your ideas with more respect, get some better ideas." -John Scalzi
Vi veri universum vivus vici

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 37 (permalink) Old 09-13-2007, 05:41 PM
Grand Touring Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
No matter how hard they try, they cant regulate these people... just look at campaign finance reform... what a joke.

Sure, we can tinker with the rules some more.. but it wont change anything. We just need to hold these people accountable at the ballot box. Too bad Americans are lazy voters.
I have to agree that campaign finance reform did turn into a joke, but their is a simple solution for lobbyist. You simple make any financial transaction between lobbyist and politicians illegal. Admittedly the hard part is getting politicians (the ones who benefit from this practice in the first place) to go along and vote for it. This is where your right. The only way to make it happened is by using the power of our vote if they don't. as it stands now you can vote anyway you want and special interest always wins. They have the money. The republicans and Democrats have been playing a game of two card Monty with the us votes for over 50 years now.
post #33 of 37 (permalink) Old 09-13-2007, 05:41 PM

Quote:
I viewed this topic as what a "kid could do then", and what he "can't do now".It had nothing to do with liberals,conservatives or lobbyist.It dealt with the change of time, and the present consequences.

It's way off topic!It's been turned into nothing, but a "fucking political pissing contest".
+1

I'd concur. I'm really getting tired of hearing about liberals and neocons.

Ronin Z

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"If you want me to treat your ideas with more respect, get some better ideas." -John Scalzi

post #34 of 37 (permalink) Old 09-13-2007, 05:44 PM
Grand Touring Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to jinxxycat Send a message via Yahoo to jinxxycat
awesome, thanks for the laugh richard

post #35 of 37 (permalink) Old 09-13-2007, 05:44 PM
Grand Touring Member

Quote:
I think Americans are lazy voters because many perceive almost no change despite their vote. They swap out this guy for that guy, and nothing happens.

Ronin Z
This is exactly what I am saying. Republicans and Democrats are all the same.
They are being paid by the same people, and those people are not you and I unfortunately.
post #36 of 37 (permalink) Old 09-13-2007, 05:45 PM
Grand Touring Member

Quote:

Ronin Z
I can see that.

However, I know lots of people that never read the news or even care to be informed about the topics much less the candidates viewpoints on them. They dont even know what the issues are. They barely know the basics of history or how govt. works.

I dont know where that comes from... Which is the cause and which is the effect, I dont know.

Maybe I am just too into current events.. I guess I could be called a news junky.
post #37 of 37 (permalink) Old 09-13-2007, 05:54 PM

Quote:
I can see that.

However, I know lots of people that never read the news or even care to be informed about the topics much less the candidates viewpoints on them. They dont even know what the issues are. They barely know the basics of history or how govt. works.

I dont know where that comes from... Which is the cause and which is the effect, I dont know.

Maybe I am just too into current events.. I guess I could be called a news junky.
I think a lot of the disinterest comes from the slow pace that politics moves at. If all changes were swift and bold, people would sit up and notice. They would directly feel the impact on their lives. But government initiated change doesn't work that way.

There was a time you could ride up the center of town, in a horse drawn wagon, with a rifle in your lap, a wagon load of beaver pelts, and home distilled liquor. You do that now, and you'd find yourself arrested (and facing multiple charges) before you got to the other side of town. But the change from then to now didn't happen over night, or with one piece of legislation.

Ronin Z

Sponsored Links
Advertisement