'Airlines terror plot' disrupted - Page 5 - Nissan 350Z Forum, Nissan 370Z Tech Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #41 of 49 (permalink) Old 08-11-2006, 01:48 PM Thread Starter
Grand Touring Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
my sister is in london right now on vacation (visiting friends). she was supposed to get on a plane to go back to NYC (where she lives) on saturday. needless to say...her boss said to stay in london and work at the AmEx office there. later on in the day...she found out that one of the targetted flights was a flight from london to newark (the potential flight she was going to be on to come home). might not have been the exact flight...but, it's the departure location and the destination where she's going. scary shit!
That's crazy scary dj.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 49 (permalink) Old 08-12-2006, 01:27 AM

Quote:
That's crazy scary dj.
yeah. no kidding. she just emailed me tonight saying that she was advised not to fly for a while....so, she's working from the london AmEx office and will return next saturday. and i was supposed to go visit her in NYC next friday...d'oh!
post #43 of 49 (permalink) Old 08-12-2006, 01:46 AM

[attachmentid=16185]
Quote:
Yes they did say that. You can see the attention span with the Iraq war. I fear the same for the war on terror. Until another successful attack happens, then we won't have enough blame to go around......
Oh and btw Michael,

I think you know my feeling on "panties on the head".

Remember "depriving them of sleep" is torture as well. lol

http://frontpagemag.com/Articles/Rea...e.asp?ID=13121

Our "patriotic dissenters" do indeed play a role in the war.......see what they did in Viet Nam?

[attachmentid=16186]

Mike
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	root_for_us_scumbag.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	9.4 KB
ID:	36173  

post #44 of 49 (permalink) Old 08-12-2006, 05:32 AM
Grand Touring Member

I work at LAX.
there was supposedly a security breach in terminal 5.
Turns out that the missing person was where he was supposed to be the entire time. Way to go TSA!! Idiots.
It was a caused by paronoid people.
I think the Airport is a pretty safe place to work in my opinion!
Good money also!

Varis duct, K&N drop in , Motordyne 5/16 plenum spacer, Megan Headers, Megan Y pipe, Stock H.I.D. conversion, Topspeed A-arms w/adjustable camber, BC Racing Coilovers, Hotchkis sways (front stiffest rear middle). Stern Beast ST1 19 inch staggered wheels , Falken FK-452 Rubber. Whiteline urethane bushings
Next temporary mod is resonated test pipes with the stock y-pipe.
Next year Stillen supercharger stage 2 kit---order stage 3 pulley separately.
post #45 of 49 (permalink) Old 08-12-2006, 09:10 AM
Super Moderator

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
I work at LAX.
there was supposedly a security breach in terminal 5.
Turns out that the missing person was where he was supposed to be the entire time. Way to go TSA!! Idiots.
It was a caused by paronoid people.
I think the Airport is a pretty safe place to work in my opinion!
Good money also!
I'll drink to that!

And I'd also have to agree about TSA.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." - Calvin
post #46 of 49 (permalink) Old 08-16-2006, 06:12 PM Thread Starter
Grand Touring Member

(Thread Starter)
Time to open the door and let the BCLU come on in. First the MI5 intercepted calls, they make arrests, and save lives. Now they're gonna hold them without charges. What's the next step? Accusations of torture at the hands of there captors. I'm sure the BCLU is working on it as we speak.......... Probably getting some tips from the Gitmo lawyers.

Quote:
British Seek to Keep Suspects in Custody

British investigators headed to a closed-door hearing Wednesday to argue that suspects arrested in an alleged plot to blow up as many as 10 trans-Atlantic jetliners should be kept in custody without charge. Meanwhile, Home Secretary John Reid said civil liberties "must and will be balanced by the right of collective security."

Also, police examined several homes and businesses for clues into the alleged plot broken up last Thursday. Another suspect was arrested Tuesday, bringing the number being detained to 24.

The hearing scheduled for Wednesday afternoon addresses the cases of 22 suspects arrested in the initial sweep. Under new terrorism laws, the suspects can be held for 28 days as investigators prepare charges.

Air service nudged closer to normal. British Airways said it planned to operate 90 percent of scheduled services from Heathrow airport on Wednesday and resume a full schedule Friday.

Concern about security rose after a 12-year-old boy managed to board a plane at Gatwick Airport on Tuesday without a passport, ticket or boarding pass. He was detected by the cabin crew and removed before the flight took off.

"The boy had passed through a full security screening process and we are confident there was no threat to passengers, staff or the aircraft at any time," said Stewart McDonald, spokesman the airport's owner, BAA PLC.

Anti-terror laws passed after the July 7, 2005, London transit bombings give the government up to four weeks to hold suspects without charge, but they must periodically go before a judge to make a case for continued confinement. The accused person is represented by lawyers and does not appear in court.

Amjad Sarwar said his brother, Assad, was one of the people arrested in High Wycombe, west of London. He said Assad is not involved in terrorism.

"They've got it all wrong," Sarwar told Britain's Channel 4. "He is an innocent guy. He minds his own business. He's been helping the youth out considerably in the area, and he's got nothing to do with it.

"There is no way he could have anything to do with terrorism. He condemns terrorism."

A Metropolitan Police spokeswoman said that 46 locations, including businesses and homes, have been searched. Three Internet cafes were raided in the towns of Slough and Reading the same day the first arrests were made, a spokesman for Thames Valley Police said.

Officers have not officially disclosed details about any items recovered during the searches.

The British Broadcasting Corp. reported that a search of the woodland area in High Wycombe turned up several firearms and other items of interest. It was not clear if they were to be used in the alleged jetliner plot, which authorities say involved a plan to smuggle liquid explosives hidden in hand luggage aboard flights.

Halfway around the world, investigations continued in Pakistan, where authorities held 17 people, including British citizen Rashid Rauf, who they said has al-Qaida connections and was a key player in the plot. At least one of Rauf's brothers was arrested in England during the sweep.

Pakistan's Foreign Ministry said the country may extradite Rauf to Britain but had not been asked.

The investigation was colored by claims that Britain's government has talked tough regarding terrorism but has been slow to act.

Conservative Party leader David Cameron said Prime Minister Tony Blair failed to follow through on a plan unveiled after last year's transit bombings to crack down on radical clerics and help Britain's moderate Muslims face down militants in their communities.

"We need follow-through when the headlines have moved on," Cameron said. "But precious little has actually been done."
http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/08/16/D8JHGUN80.html

post #47 of 49 (permalink) Old 08-16-2006, 06:24 PM Thread Starter
Grand Touring Member

(Thread Starter)
Today was the day. to the terrorists.

Quote:
Day of terror strikes was planned for August 16

15:03pm 11th August 2006

Terrorists were planning to unleash a series of deadly mid-air explosions on flights between London and America on August 16, it has been revealed today.

Members of the terror group, who were arrested in a series of raids by anti-terror police yesterday, were due to mount a dry run today to check if they could smuggle components for liquid explosives through Britain's airports.

United Airline tickets dated next Wednesday were found by police at the home of one of the raided addresses.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/arti...d=1770&ct=5

post #48 of 49 (permalink) Old 08-16-2006, 06:33 PM
Grand Touring Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to jinxxycat Send a message via Yahoo to jinxxycat
well I agree. Hold the bastards without charge. Hold them for EVER. They plot to blow up our country, what rights do they have now after being caught? This time I belive that "guilty until proven innocent" is the right way of thinking....they aren't innocent by any means....

post #49 of 49 (permalink) Old 08-16-2006, 06:57 PM

I hate to admit it, but this looks like a personal attack on Josh and it may be necessary.

You really can offend people with being so out there with your views, and losing members or making them less active is not something you want.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement