Help! My brother was abducted by a cult - Nissan 350Z Forum, Nissan 370Z Tech Forums
User Tag List

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 366 (permalink) Old 02-26-2006, 03:13 PM Thread Starter
dm4
Enthusiast Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
As my opening line stated, the Baptists have abducted my brother and I need to find a means to drag him away from this cult. Prior to this abduction he was a sound, rational person who was able to use reason and logic to get through daily life. Now he’s freaking nuts.

He tells me that all people descended from Adam and Eve and evolution is a hoax (how then do you account for different races and ethnicities?). Since becoming a Baptist he now believes that the world is only 10,000 years old. He explains that anything that appears to date to earlier than 10,000 years was put here by God to test our faith (did God put these things here 10,000 years ago figuring we would get smart enough to find and date them or is he hiding things here and there as we go along?).

My brother gives $100.00 a week to the church, but complains that he never has enough money and wonders how he is going to pay for his children’s education.

Most of all he is pissing off me and my other brother because he keeps insisting that we “get right with God” if we expect to get to Heaven. I have explained to him that no has been able to convince me in the existence of God or Heaven (bearing in mind that I had attended Presbyterian and Methodist churches until I was a young adult).

Help me help my brother. Where can I take him to get deprogrammed?

P.S. I am guessing this thread may get at least as much response as my grounding kit thread.

'11 BMW M3 Convertible|'04 Nissan 350Z Roadster| DeRosa w/ Campy Record
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 366 (permalink) Old 02-26-2006, 03:24 PM
Administrator

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to toykilla Send a message via Yahoo to toykilla
flameware.... "Lets get it on! "

You will either get alot of responses here or none..

AIM: jbass350z

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 366 (permalink) Old 02-26-2006, 03:30 PM
Grand Touring Member

Send a message via AIM to sw150
Sorry to hear that man. Its funny what some people choose to belive in and let it run their life.

[/color]Vortech / Max Speed / JIC / Stillen / Volk / Greddy / Titek / Veilside / Shine Auto / Nismo / Rouge / ACT / Corbeau / Metal Matrix / Hotchkis / [color="#0000FF"]

AIM: sw150z

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 366 (permalink) Old 02-26-2006, 03:58 PM

Believeing in god is a personal choice and free. Giving $100 a week is brain wash!!
post #5 of 366 (permalink) Old 02-26-2006, 04:10 PM
Administrator

A simple look at all the varied religions around the world is enough to show that something is not quite working out right. I mean, if there is 1 god ruling over us, he is doing a great job hiding.

post #6 of 366 (permalink) Old 02-26-2006, 04:24 PM

Send a message via AIM to jetpilot718
First off, I'll preface this by explaining that I was brought up as a Christian - specifically Catholic. And that was great for me as far as making me the person I am today and instilling values in me.

But, then I grew up. Took a look around. My beliefs havn't changed much, but my practices have. I am a firm believer that religion causes people to do strange things, and mostly, not good ones. Religion causes wars in the middle east. Causes people to fly passenger aircraft into buildings. Causes people to interpret prehistoric fabrications as exact word, and act accordingly - which is stupid.

I flew with a guy once who was a baptist, and he was convinced I was going to hell because I wasn't HIS religion. And he had the nerve to literally tell me this, and ask that I save myself before it's too late by attending his church. Give me a break.. I'll take my chances.

Basically, people who become obsessed with religion - with anything - exhibit mental weakness and require guidance from wherever they can get it. I'm not one of them. I do my own thing. And I still manage to be a good person.
post #7 of 366 (permalink) Old 02-26-2006, 04:39 PM
Administrator

+1

post #8 of 366 (permalink) Old 02-26-2006, 04:52 PM

Is your brother living in Waco, Tx!
post #9 of 366 (permalink) Old 02-26-2006, 05:00 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Is your brother living in Waco, Tx!
LOL.. i live about 1 hour from there

post #10 of 366 (permalink) Old 02-26-2006, 05:10 PM

You're from south Jersey, you are lucky he is a Christian and not a Catholic. But we won't get into that yet.

simple question to get this ball rolling with you folks.

Why are you all so strongly against faith? What is it about God that makes you all so angry and resentful?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread