$439,000,000,700 - Page 2 - Nissan 350Z Forum, Nissan 370Z Tech Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-08-2006, 11:55 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Officials have already said this is not a conventional war, and when fighting terrorists we will not follow geneva convention, because it is irrelevant to them. Tell me, if your friend just got shot in the head right next to you, and you caught the guy who did it, you wouldnt beat the shit out of him? Of course you would, atleast I would.
I think it would do this country some good to see more of what goes on over there on an every day basis. Quit showing us the bombs, and rock throwing, show me what my money is doing over there. I want to see children playing on their new playgrounds and going to better schools. I think it could really boost the morale of the American people.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-09-2006, 12:33 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Officials have already said this is not a conventional war, and when fighting terrorists we will not follow geneva convention, because it is irrelevant to them. Tell me, if your friend just got shot in the head right next to you, and you caught the guy who did it, you wouldnt beat the shit out of him? Of course you would, atleast I would.
I think it would do this country some good to see more of what goes on over there on an every day basis. Quit showing us the bombs, and rock throwing, show me what my money is doing over there. I want to see children playing on their new playgrounds and going to better schools. I think it could really boost the morale of the American people.

Bombs & rock throwing & an endless hatred for the West is what your $$ is buying. Since the new budget's been signed, you won't even be seeing new playgrounds & better schools AT HOME! You are being fleeced by the carpetbagging Skull & Boners.
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-09-2006, 02:31 PM
Super Moderator

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
My oldest son goes to a new charter school. They rely on the parents to give their free time to help around the school, and also to get involved in fundraising for supplies and what not. It might be the wave of the future.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." - Calvin

post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-09-2006, 03:40 PM

Quote:
My oldest son goes to a new charter school. They rely on the parents to give their free time to help around the school, and also to get involved in fundraising for supplies and what not. It might be the wave of the future.
I always went to private school too, and I think in general yo ureceive a better education than the public schools. If I have the means when I have children, they will be going to a private school.
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-09-2006, 03:50 PM
Grand Touring Member

Send a message via AIM to jinxxycat Send a message via Yahoo to jinxxycat
Absolutley disgusting this happened....

Quote:

Quote:
I always went to private school too, and I think in general yo ureceive a better education than the public schools. If I have the means when I have children, they will be going to a private school.
I have heard that the Charter Schools are great Dave. It is going to be the wave of the future in education! Makes the teachers and staff more in tuned with teaching and less worrying about politics too....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-09-2006, 03:58 PM
Super Moderator

Honor never grows old, and honor rejoices the heart of age. It does so because honor is, finally, about defending those noble and worthy things that deserve defended, even if it comes at a high cost. In our time, that may mean social disapproval, public scorn, hardship, persecution, or as always, even death itself. The question remains: What is worth defending? What is worth dying for? What is worth living for?

‚Äď William J. Bennett - in a lecture to the United States Naval Academy

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." - Calvin
post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-10-2006, 11:02 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Garage
That does suck, and I will give an insight to this if i can. It is not the bureaucrats doing this to him, it was the messed up supply system and a supply SGT not doing their frickin job. I see it everyday. As for our defense spending budget, only a certain precentage goes toward equipment and that. some of it is reserved for our pay increase (2.2% proposed, depends on what congress says) for next year, though the prime rate and inflation raises almost 1% higher so we really do not see any difference at all in pay. the rest goes towards base and housing improvements which in some cases are substandard, even the HUD recipients would not want to live in some of the housing that still exists on military posts. Now the guy crying about it, here is the facts. it is only because he is an officer they are making a deal out of it. if this was an enlisted person, we would be told to STFU and pay it. He makes double the money any enlisted soldier makes, $700 is nothing. So in closing, military supply system sucks, congress loves to screw the soldiers out of payraises and funding needed for better quality of life, and officers are nothing but a bunch of whiney bitches. And who's fault is it, the damn media for over glorifying the bad,never commenting on the good.

2013 370Z w/Sport Package, Midnight Blue
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-10-2006, 04:02 PM
Super Moderator

It shouldn't matter if he was an officer or enlisted, somebody dropped the ball and the person should not have to pay for that vest. I probably make more than that officer, and I would have raised holy hell if I had to pay for a destroyed vest during the course of my duties.

post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-13-2006, 05:06 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Garage
well, they decided to refund him.

2013 370Z w/Sport Package, Midnight Blue
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-13-2006, 04:17 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)