Saturday 26th March 2011 - EXE DECA DAY #1
Venue: DECA Training Shepparton
Format: Individual Time Trials
Hi All, EXE-Crew are putting on a DECA day down in Shepparton at the end of the month. DECA days are all about friendly competition and having fun in a controlled environment with like-minded individuals. The day consists of two types of activities; courses made up of Cones layed out on a large Skid Pan (Motorkhana-tyle) and setup on the Highway Simulation Course around the DECA Shepparton Facility (more commonly referred to as "the back-track"). Unfortunately, due to some running repairs that need to be conducted on my car, I won't be a competitor...but I will be there scrutineering everyone's cars and frantically waving flags in the air (like I just don't care!). Anyway, if you've never been to the track before and are keen to check it out, this is a great opportunity to ease into your way into the scene or even if you were just wondering what your car can do when pushed in a safe environment.
Entry Forms can be found here: EXE DECA Day (26th March) Entry Form
* A valid CAMS L2S or AASA
* Long sleeve and long pants of non-synthetic material.
* Enclosed footwear of some type.
* ADR-approved helmet, either full face or half face is OK.
* Vehicle in good running condition, this includes:
- Tyres in roadworthy condition with enough tread
- No oil or fluid leaks
- Brakes in good working condition
- No loose parts, including battery
- Vehicle interior and boot clear from loose objects (including spare wheel)
- Fire Extinguisher: Securely mounted via bracket, preferably bolted down within reach of driver. Must be CAMS approved, 1KG or above.
* Aftermarket bonnets (CF/Fibreglass/etc) will require a secondary restraint, such as a strap/chain/belt/pins). This is not required for factory bonnets with a double-latching mechanism.
* Everybody is welcomed, no matter how new or experienced you are at driving. We are friendly and encourage newcomers.
* Any passengers are required to fill in and sign an indemnity form.
* Please be on time, gates open 8AM! We will begin scrutineering at 8:15AM sharp, you are also required to visit the pit office for document checks/filling in indemnity form.
* There will be a driver's briefing prior to commencing at approximately 8:45AM. All drivers are required to attend the driver's briefing or will not be allowed to participate.
* Please make sure your car is prepared, the quicker everybody is ready to go and have their car checked, the more track time we can have.
* Cars will be divided into 2 groups for the morning sessions; as there are 2 course areas; the skid pan & the back track. Cars are to line up within their groups in numerical order.
* Course times will be posted on the EXE forums after the event along with the final scores so please do not hassle Crew members for your times during the day, as they will be trying to keep the day running smoothly.
* This is not a serious event, we are all here to have an enjoyable day. Please drive safely and follow instructions, or you will be banned from further driving.
Once entries are recieved, payment information will be sent out. Please pay promptly to secure your spot. Groupings and supp regulations will be released closer to the date.
There is a maximum of 50 entries for this event so if you want you or your friends to be driving, sign up and get your moneys in to lock in your spot! It is first come first served in regards to registrations, so don't leave it too late or you might miss out!
If you are wishing to share a vehicle with a friend please make sure you note that in your enty form so that we can assign you to the same group, but with enough gap between you that we don't not slow the event down.
EXE will not be providing participants with lunch, so please either bring your own or allocate some time during the 1 hour lunch break to go into town and get some food.
The Course Maps and the Days Full Running Sheet will be publish a week before the event, with the Car Groupings announced as soon as possible.
Prizes will be given to the winners at the end of the day, or failing that at the next EXE Crew Monthly Dinner; held the 1st of every month @ Garage Cafe.
If you have any queries about anything to do with the event, please don't hesitate to contact me.