Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
2013 Nissan GT-R Review - Video

Quote:
GT-R delivers fun youíll suffer for
by Colum Wood

Itís the morning after. LiterallyÖ and figuratively.

Yesterday I went on a bender with the Nissan GT-R, shooting video for eight straight hours including plenty of acceleration runs. And now Iím suffering.

My neck feels like someone replaced my pillow with a cinderblock. With 463 lb-ft of torque, AWD and launch control, this is one street car you need a HANS device to drive.

But it wasnít all debauchery. In fact, my time with the 2013 GT-R was highly educational. Iíve learned some new things about the Japanese supercar and about myself.

For starters, the GT-R is no longer on a pedestal in my mind and the reason is tied to something new Iíve learned about myself: Iím more of a car snob than even I thought possible.

This morning Iím waking up to the realization that while the GT-R remains an awesome feat of engineering, itís more than a little rough around the edges.
Read the complete 2013 Nissan GT-R Review at AutoGuide.com

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-27-2012, 04:28 PM
Grand Touring Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
good point about the weight (being excessive) and the stiffness of the chassis directly related to the dynamic weight of the car.

'03 Z33
'71 S30
'04 Triton 5.4
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-27-2012, 06:21 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Agreed. The GT-R is way too heavy. I had to disagree with the part of the article where the author maintains that the car attracted more attentention than the other super cars he has brought home. I work with a guy who drives a GT-R and he says outside of teenagers and car geeks, nobody gives the car a second look. And outside of the above audiance, nobody finds the car to be particularly attractive.

-Ronin Z

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"If you want me to treat your ideas with more respect, get some better ideas." -John Scalzi
Vi veri universum vivus vici

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-27-2012, 09:21 PM
Grand Touring Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin Z View Post
Agreed. The GT-R is way too heavy. I had to disagree with the part of the article where the author maintains that the car attracted more attentention than the other super cars he has brought home. I work with a guy who drives a GT-R and he says outside of teenagers and car geeks, nobody gives the car a second look. And outside of the above audiance, nobody finds the car to be particularly attractive.

-Ronin Z
I notice them but I am a nissan nutÖif I had $110k I would consider a used lambo, ferrari, tesla or an aston before a gtr simply bc the exclusivity it brings...

'03 Z33
'71 S30
'04 Triton 5.4
Sponsored Links
Advertisement