Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-16-2006, 10:02 PM Thread Starter
Performance Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Dates have been announced for the 2007 Tokyo Motor Show, where Nissan has stated that the production GT-R will be unveiled. The show is due to take place from Oct 27- Nov 11, 2007. see: http://www.tokyo-motorshow.com/eng/

Is anyone here thinking about attending? I am planning on going. This would be my first trip to Japan. If there are others going, it would be really cool to share plans, pointers (from anyone who's been), meet up, etc.

Anyway, the show looks like it'll be a good one, I'm also thinking we might see a production Lexus LF-A!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-16-2006, 11:37 PM
Administrator

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to toykilla Send a message via Yahoo to toykilla
I think I will make my best effort to attend this one.

AIM: jbass350z

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-17-2006, 03:16 AM
Enthusiast Member

Quote:
I think I will make my best effort to attend this one.
You or Dave NEED to be there. You 2 are deep into the US GTR release and should definitely make every effort. This is the first and last "First" for the US of A. This should be a HIGH priority. If necessary, I don't see any problem donating funds to help you to attend. Granted, I can't donate a whole lot, but if enough supporters do, then you should be set.

Just a suggestion.

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-17-2006, 09:50 AM Thread Starter
Performance Member

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
You or Dave NEED to be there. You 2 are deep into the US GTR release and should definitely make every effort. This is the first and last "First" for the US of A. This should be a HIGH priority. If necessary, I don't see any problem donating funds to help you to attend. Granted, I can't donate a whole lot, but if enough supporters do, then you should be set.

Just a suggestion.
site coverage at this point is pretty much guaranteed.
there will be other events that will be very important to attend as well.
when the car comes, if the G/Z were any indicator, there will be several private events, public shows, etc that we can work on covering as well

for instance, we definitely need someone at NYIAS, where the car will likely make its first NA appearance <- that will be BIG. anyway, my being in the caribbean means it will be difficult for me to go to a lot of that other stuff since i cant just drive out to it, but ive been wanting to go to japan, so im going to try to make it to the tms to kill two birds with one stone as they say. anyway i was just thinking that if others were going it would be cool to discuss.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-17-2006, 11:51 AM
Administrator

Still more than 1 year away or more.. Maybe we should make a calender and post all of the potential events and then work on who can attend what and so on.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-17-2006, 12:16 PM Thread Starter
Performance Member

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Still more than 1 year away or more.. Maybe we should make a calender and post all of the potential events and then work on who can attend what and so on.
Yeah i&#39;ve been thinking about that. The only issue is we dont know all of the events. The only thing confirmed is TMS. I believe NYIAS will be the North American debut and the key show to attend in the US- this is where we may see the first USDM version and get US-specific info. I think it would be a good idea to have another thread where we keep the first post edited to indicate when we expect to have new information or when key shows will be (timeline style) We can base the estimates off of what happened with the Z, G, and maybe M.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-18-2006, 12:35 AM
Touring Member

i may go now that you&#39;ve made a thread about it. thanks, tekky.

quality over quantity
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-31-2006, 02:11 PM
Base Member

Just curious, where did you see that it will be shown at TMS? Maybe TAS?

post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-31-2006, 02:12 PM
Touring Member

Nissan Press release mentioned it would show the final Nissan GT-R at TMS 2007.
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-05-2006, 01:13 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Just curious, where did you see that it will be shown at TMS? Maybe TAS?
TMS = OEM car show
TAS = aftermarket car show

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread