post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-27-2006, 02:17 AM
Touring Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
V8
TT
6spd manual

i may not see it, but i want it. a V6 would make me just as happy, though. in light of supercars today sporting V8, 10, and 12s, i cannot see an 8 being impossible. the wrench in the machine of my thinking, however, is that Porsche continually refines their Boxster-6, in both TT and N/A form, with staggering power output. so Nissan may actually do the same with their VQ. it's race proven and among one of the best V6s ever made. believe me, if she's a 6 in any form, be it a surprise RB variant or the VQ, i can bet you the GTR is going to be beyond satisfying and amazing all over again.

furthermore, if the GTR is available ONLY as a manual, that would just be an incredible statement.

quality over quantity
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-27-2006, 02:18 AM
mc
Touring Member

Send a message via Yahoo to mc
Quote:
V6
TT
Paddle shifter...........but....it'll be an option.....6spd manual will also be available

+1 i voted the same
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-27-2006, 02:30 AM Thread Starter
Grand Touring Member

Send a message via AIM to waitin407
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
I voted:

V8
Supercharged
Six Speed Manual

I feel that is the way the industry is headed and that seems to me how the GTR will be marketed best around the world.
You'll be all alone with your supercharger josh lol

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-30-2006, 01:21 PM
Base Member

V6
TT
Seven speed sequential/paddle shifter

To me, this seems like the best way for the GT-R to keep alive the tradition of being a technological tour de force.
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-03-2006, 03:58 AM
Base Member

V6
TT
Sequential Shifter (perhaps something analogous to the DSG in the new VDubs?)
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-01-2006, 08:52 PM
Base Member

I'm going with Inline-6 TT 7 Speed Sequential, since there hasn't been any mention of it! LOL

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-01-2006, 09:45 PM Thread Starter
Grand Touring Member

Send a message via AIM to waitin407
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
I'm going with Inline-6 TT 7 Speed Sequential, since there hasn't been any mention of it! LOL
Sounds like good reasoning, fits along with them calling it Nissan after having everything think it would be an Infiniti.

post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-02-2006, 03:13 PM
Enthusiast Member

I'll be happy with any configuration. V8 sounds very 'domestic' but I would definitely prefer that, if I had a choice. Then we wouldn't have to spend $1500 on an exhaust and only get 12 whp. Bigger displacement engine takes breathing mods much better. an exhaust on a 12 cylinder engine can get you up to like 40whp or more.

'04 SS 350z '07 FJ Cruiser
post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-02-2006, 07:44 PM
Base Member

I think anything more than 6 cylinders will take away from the dynamics of the car. You can make the same power with a 6, so why not. Just like Chevrolet did with the Corvette, you can make the same power with a small block V8 so why stick with a big block, the older Corvettes use to have Big Block V8s. But with the better technology they are making the same power with small block V8s.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement