post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-15-2009, 03:30 PM Thread Starter
Touring Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to PaulO
(Thread Starter)
Aloha,
Just wondering if anyone is using the Brake Brace with their Plenum (PIPS) spacer and stock body cross brace. The one nut used to secure the cross brace (other three are bolts) doesn't look like there is enough room on the stud (with cross brace spacer) for the backet to be added to it. So want to know how this was worked around? Only way I can think of is to cut the stud, drill a hole and use a nut and bolt. Trying to fabricate a brake brace myself and would also appreciate it if anyone is able to tell me where I could get either telfon, delrin or nylon (high temp) stock. Don't want metal to metal contact on the master cylinder if I can help it.

A Hui Hou

PaulO

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2005 Lemans Sunset "Fairlady Z" Roadster, 18" wheels, LLumar Protect Film, Formula One 35% Ceramic Tint, Injen MR short Intake, Varis Intake Duct, Max Ground Kit (raffle win), DEI Hornet 700T Alarm System, Hardwired/mounted Passport 8500, Silver bulbs, smoked reflectors, Painted headlights with smoked strip. Gorilla Nuts lugnuts, JWT Oil Pan Spacer, Hawk HPS Pads, Stillen pillar vane XD and slotted rotors, PIPS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-16-2009, 07:53 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Garage
um, are you talking about the engine damper brace? because i have never heard of a brake brace

2013 370Z w/Sport Package, Midnight Blue
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-16-2009, 08:03 PM
Grand Touring Member

I think PaulO is referring to this:

http://www.stillen.com/product.asp?id=STIS...&model=350Z

Although from what I have read from others around the forums, this brace doesn't seem to make any difference whatsoever in braking feel or performance.

"I have become-comfortably numb"

Motordyne~RacingBrake~Hawk~Redline~Momo~Rockford Fosgate~Infiniti~Alpine~Michelin~K&N~S2000 Stubby

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-17-2009, 07:42 AM

Garage
i thought that as well, but from what he is describing that part you posted goes no where near the plenum at all.

post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-18-2009, 12:12 AM
Grand Touring Member

"I have become-comfortably numb"

Motordyne~RacingBrake~Hawk~Redline~Momo~Rockford Fosgate~Infiniti~Alpine~Michelin~K&N~S2000 Stubby
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-24-2009, 11:04 PM Thread Starter
Touring Member

(Thread Starter)
Aloha,
Okay Clarification. When the PIPS plenum spacer is installed, there are spacers for the body cross brace so it is raised to clear the intake plenum. problem is, the one stub that holds the brace now has no more room to add the thickness of the bracket for the brake stiffener.

A Hui Hou

PaulO

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2005 Lemans Sunset "Fairlady Z" Roadster, 18" wheels, LLumar Protect Film, Formula One 35% Ceramic Tint, Injen MR short Intake, Varis Intake Duct, Max Ground Kit (raffle win), DEI Hornet 700T Alarm System, Hardwired/mounted Passport 8500, Silver bulbs, smoked reflectors, Painted headlights with smoked strip. Gorilla Nuts lugnuts, JWT Oil Pan Spacer, Hawk HPS Pads, Stillen pillar vane XD and slotted rotors, PIPS
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-25-2009, 07:34 AM

Garage
well duh @me. i just looked at the install instructions and again i learned something new. seems that with the spacers for the cross brace in place you might not be able to attach this properly since it woudl be too high. what i would suggest to do is take off the body brace, put the bracket on, then spacers, then brace. that way the brake brace is even the way it is supposed to be, plus you got the spacers and clearance for the plenum

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-25-2009, 02:54 PM Thread Starter
Touring Member

(Thread Starter)
Aloha,
Thanks Steve! Guess I'll see about fabricating a bracket to go under the cross brace plate and thinner spacers for the bracket side. BTW, this bracket will be for my fabricated brace, not for the Stillen version.

A Hui Hou

PaulO

Sponsored Links
Advertisement