warranty void if i change my brake pads? - Nissan 350Z Forum, Nissan 370Z Tech Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-13-2009, 01:15 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
I have a 2007 350z my car is still under warranty. The thing is that the dealer wants $400+ just to change my front brakes. I was wondering if I change my own brake pads will it void my warranty? Thanks.

-my car has brembo brakes
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-13-2009, 01:32 PM
Grand Touring Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to jinxxycat Send a message via Yahoo to jinxxycat
No....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-13-2009, 01:37 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
QUOTE (jinxxycat @ Apr 13 2009, 08:32 AM)
Quote:
No....

man that was quick. thanks. what brake pads are good that will produce less dust the ones my car has right now produce to much brake dust.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-13-2009, 01:57 PM
Grand Touring Member

Send a message via AIM to jinxxycat Send a message via Yahoo to jinxxycat
A lot of people use the Hawk HPS for daily driving. Less dust. They do make some noise but no where near the brake dust you are getting w/ the stock pads

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-13-2009, 02:04 PM
Grand Touring Member

+1 on the Hawk HPS pads. Been using them for 4 years now and never heard a squeak from them. I use a copper lubricant on the tabs of the pads where they slide into the calipers, an old trick from a buddy of mine. Not saying that is why they never make a noise, but since it works for me, I do it. Dust is almost non-existent.

Hotchkis Z1 Motorsports JWT Hawk SSR Crawford
ZeeToyz Valentine Sumitomo Royal Purple Zaino

I like my 350 but I love my 300ZX TT more.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-13-2009, 02:12 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Yeah I like to keep my rims nice and clean. Everytime I wash her rims are drenched in black dirty water lol.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement