serious question about hotchkis sways for updated Z suspension - Nissan 350Z Forum, Nissan 370Z Tech Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-23-2009, 01:31 AM Thread Starter
Grand Touring Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
OK here is what i am worried about.

The hotchkis sway bar kit was originally designed for the 03

i have an 05....are the front sway bar bushing brackets the exactly the same from 03-06?

i bought prothane urethane sway bar bushings and after extensive playing around with them i believe their is sloppiness in the front bushings...it was apparent when re greasing them this morning.....i has one side disconnected and moving the bar around i had excessive play with the other side while moving the bar around (and yes the bolts were tight )

will i have this problem with the new sways????

i don't want stiffer bars with the same problem...or the problem hiding behind the stiffer bar.

i have no problem with the rear bushings....i was thinking of just spending 10 bucks and repurchasing the front OEM bushings just to see what happens. I lost my original ones in my move.

any ideas?

Varis duct, K&N drop in , Motordyne 5/16 plenum spacer, Megan Headers, Megan Y pipe, Stock H.I.D. conversion, Topspeed A-arms w/adjustable camber, BC Racing Coilovers, Hotchkis sways (front stiffest rear middle). Stern Beast ST1 19 inch staggered wheels , Falken FK-452 Rubber. Whiteline urethane bushings
Next temporary mod is resonated test pipes with the stock y-pipe.
Next year Stillen supercharger stage 2 kit---order stage 3 pulley separately.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-31-2009, 11:25 PM
Performance Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to nerb
I had the same problem (I have on 05 as well), and when I got the Hotschis sways, they moved as well. I emailed them and told them about the problem and they sent me some bushings for free.....THAT DIDN'T FIT!!!! I used the OEM ones which has worked out fine...they fit a little tighter since they are smaller. Overall, they were a good investment.

--If you find yourself mistaken, apologize to yourself for thinking that you are always right.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement