User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-29-2006, 09:11 PM Thread Starter
Base Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THERE IS A FULL POLY KIT FOR THE 350Z? I DON'T THINK PROTHANE MAKES ONE YET.... ANY HELP?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-30-2006, 11:58 AM
Grand Touring Member

Send a message via AIM to Zxrage Send a message via Yahoo to Zxrage
To my knowledge, there are no full poly kits out for the Z.

ZxRage
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-30-2006, 03:50 PM
Grand Touring Member

This is the closest I've seen, and even then hard rubber isn't polyurethane (but it will hopefully be a bit more compliant).

"I swear, officer, its all factory options!"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Understeer is when you hit the tree with the front wheel.
Oversteer is when you hit it with the back.
Horsepower is how hard you hit the tree...
Torque is how far you drag it...

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-31-2006, 10:47 PM
Enthusiast Member

Send a message via AIM to Enjuku Ray
I have heard a rumor that Energy Suspension is working on a set, but who knows how long they willtake to release it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Talk to me on AIM - EnjukuRay
Email me -
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-12-2008, 10:27 PM
Base Member

Does anybody have any info on this?

I'm looking for bushings for the front lower camber arm \ transverse link and the front trailing arm \ compression rod.

&#39;03 Touring 5AT Daytona Blue, Frost Interior, Alpine IVA-W200, TME-M770, NVE-N872A, &#39;06 LED Tail Lights, Grounding Kit, JWT POP Charger, SSR GT7-H Light Gray Avon Tech M550 A/S 18 x 8.5 +34 245 40 18 x 9.5 +37 275 40, <span style="color:DimGray">Motordyne 5/16" Iso Thermal Plenum Spacer, Tein Tie Rods, StopTech Stage 2 Slotted Brake Upgrade, SPL Front Control Arms

post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-14-2008, 10:25 PM
Grand Touring Member

they are not out yet...

so far i have been able to purchase prothane swaybar bushings.....but that&#39;s it!

Varis duct, K&N drop in , Motordyne 5/16 plenum spacer, Megan Headers, Megan Y pipe, Stock H.I.D. conversion, Topspeed A-arms w/adjustable camber, BC Racing Coilovers, Hotchkis sways (front stiffest rear middle). Stern Beast ST1 19 inch staggered wheels , Falken FK-452 Rubber. Whiteline urethane bushings
Next temporary mod is resonated test pipes with the stock y-pipe.
Next year Stillen supercharger stage 2 kit---order stage 3 pulley separately.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-14-2008, 11:31 PM
Grand Touring Member

Quote:
they are not out yet...
so far i have been able to purchase prothane swaybar bushings.....but that&#39;s it!
Gonna be a small market for a vendor frankly.

"I&#39;m Shiva the God of Death.", Michael Clayton.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-16-2008, 11:53 AM
Base Member

How about specs on the bushings? If someone has the dimensions for these parts, maybe I could get some made or find some comparable ones. I don&#39;t want to pull mine until I have replacements since this is my daily driver.

sufrcity,
Why do you think this would be such a small market? They make these bushings for the 240 and the 300, at least. Certainly, there aren&#39;t that many more of these cars, than there are 350s.

&#39;03 Touring 5AT Daytona Blue, Frost Interior, Alpine IVA-W200, TME-M770, NVE-N872A, &#39;06 LED Tail Lights, Grounding Kit, JWT POP Charger, SSR GT7-H Light Gray Avon Tech M550 A/S 18 x 8.5 +34 245 40 18 x 9.5 +37 275 40, <span style="color:DimGray">Motordyne 5/16" Iso Thermal Plenum Spacer, Tein Tie Rods, StopTech Stage 2 Slotted Brake Upgrade, SPL Front Control Arms

post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-18-2008, 02:27 AM
Performance Member

Send a message via AIM to mthreat
I ordered the Nismo front lower transverse link bushings a few weeks ago from mynismo.com. They said they&#39;re on order from Japan.. we&#39;ll see when they come in.

The reason I ordered them to begin with is because my right one failed (the control arm slipped off the bushing), probably due to forces exterted by my aftermarket sway bar and g-forces at the track (although I&#39;m not certain this is the cause). I replaced the control arm ($180, fun), and then my LEFT one failed, exactly the same as the right one had. I haven&#39;t talked to anyone else who has had this problem yet, but I&#39;m asking around. These failures weren&#39;t as bad as they may sound - it didn&#39;t cause any accidents; the arm was just a centimeter or so further forward than it should have been.

I didn&#39;t need the uppers because I have SPL parts&#39; upper camber arms.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-29-2008, 03:38 PM
Base Member

Quote:
I ordered the Nismo front lower transverse link bushings a few weeks ago from mynismo.com. They said they&#39;re on order from Japan.. we&#39;ll see when they come in.

The reason I ordered them to begin with is because my right one failed (the control arm slipped off the bushing), probably due to forces exterted by my aftermarket sway bar and g-forces at the track (although I&#39;m not certain this is the cause). I replaced the control arm ($180, fun), and then my LEFT one failed, exactly the same as the right one had. I haven&#39;t talked to anyone else who has had this problem yet, but I&#39;m asking around. These failures weren&#39;t as bad as they may sound - it didn&#39;t cause any accidents; the arm was just a centimeter or so further forward than it should have been.

I didn&#39;t need the uppers because I have SPL parts&#39; upper camber arms.
hmmmmm. That&#39;s very interesting to hear. I&#39;m taking my 2003 touring to the track for the first time in a couple of weeks. I hope I don&#39;t suffer the same fate.

Can you elaborate on the effects of the bushings failing? Was there any sign of failure like vibrations or steering anomalies? Were you able to drive the car after the failure and before replacing the arm?

Any word on the nismo bushings, yet? Did you order just the front lower transverse link bushings or did you get the whole set (front and reaar)?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement