Holy pizza platters, Batman! - Page 4 - Nissan 350Z Forum, Nissan 370Z Tech Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #31 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-26-2006, 07:34 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Can you please let me know if you had to grind/cut anything (Dust shield) when you installed the front brakes? Also, what type of pads are you using? Also, any noise when braking?

Thanks Looks great!!
Yes, I had to trim the dust shields. For the front, the instructions called for only a small section around the caliper bracket, but I ended up cutting the whole thing off. For the rear, you have to cut off the whole shield. Note, it's the dust shield and NOT the thicker shield that acts as a wall for the emergency brake shoes. Also note that I got the ST-22 calipers for the rear and not the ST-45's. The ST-45's require more shaving and cutting as the caliper brackets are very different than the ST-22's.

Here's a shot of the rears.....
[attachmentid=13879]
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	newBrakes_rear01.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	109.9 KB
ID:	34208  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-26-2006, 07:46 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Glad to hear you got it all sorted out. Nothing worse than installing a much anticipated mod and have it turn south on you. You are now a member of the rarified BBK Club*. Congratulations!

Best Regards,
Ronin Z

*Technically those vehicles fitted with the factory Brembo braking system (like myself) are also members of the BBK Club. But since the general public only finds OEM parts 14% as sexy as aftermarket, we only get a Junior Membership.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"If you want me to treat your ideas with more respect, get some better ideas." -John Scalzi
Vi veri universum vivus vici

post #33 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-26-2006, 07:52 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Glad to hear you got it all sorted out. Nothing worse than installing a much anticipated mod and have it turn south on you. You are now a member of the rarified BBK Club*. Congratulations!

Best Regards,
Ronin Z
Thanks! Yes, I feel a bit better now. Still need to double check and make sure the system isn't leaking at all, but so far everything seems good.

Quote:
*Technically those vehicles fitted with the factory Brembo braking system (like myself) are also members of the BBK Club. But since the general public only finds OEM parts 14% as sexy as aftermarket, we only get a Junior Membership.
Good one. Yes, I think people forget that the track model brakes are actually the equvilent of a BBK. You could even throw slotted rotors on as easily as changing the tires.

post #34 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-26-2006, 08:53 PM
Super Moderator

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:

Someday, I will belong to this elusive club.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." - Calvin
post #35 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-27-2006, 08:35 AM

Some of the BBK club is more elusive than others.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
___TUNING CONCEPT, JAPAN PREMIER

post #36 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-27-2006, 04:36 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Ok, I doubt anyone other than myself cares, but since I mentioned weights in earlier posts for this thread.....

I'm a total numbers and data geek, so I weighed a major piece of the front and back on the old brake system and compared it to weights of the corresponding items of the new system during the install process using a good postal scale rated to 30 lbs. For what it's worth....

<table>
<tr><td>Part</td><td>Weight, OEM (lbs)</td><td>Weight, StopTech (lbs)</td></tr>
<tr><td>-------------------------</td><td>----------------</td><td>-------------------</td></tr>
<tr><td>Front Rotor</td><td>16.2</td><td>18.2</td></tr>
<tr><td>Rear Rotor</td><td>11.9</td><td>15.3</td></tr>
<tr><td>Front Caliper</td><td>7.0</td><td>8.1</td></tr>
<tr><td>Rear Caliper</td><td>3.6</td><td>5.2</td></tr>
<tr><td>Front Caliper Bracket</td><td>3.4</td><td>1.5</td></tr>
<tr><td>Rear Caliper Bracket</td><td>1.7</td><td>0.6</td></tr>
<tr><td>-------------------------</td><td>----------------</td><td>-------------------</td></tr>
<tr><td>Totals (per wheel)</td><td>43.8</td><td>48.9</td></tr>
</table>
</p>

Sponsored Links
Advertisement