skunk 2 spacer - Nissan 350Z Forum, Nissan 370Z Tech Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-01-2006, 09:57 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Hello i was wondering if anyone has installed the skunk 2 plenum spacer on their z. I already have one but havent installed it yet and it just occured to me that the stock strut tower bar probably wont fit. Is this the case, and if it is what can i do about it, cause i would really not like to destroy my cars handling. And also if anyone knows of a good how to guide to install the spacer please let me know. thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-01-2006, 10:08 AM
Administrator

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to toykilla Send a message via Yahoo to toykilla
no, the strut bar and possibly the engine cover will not fit

AIM: jbass350z

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-18-2006, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Hello i was wondering if anyone has installed the skunk 2 plenum spacer on their z. I already have one but havent installed it yet and it just occured to me that the stock strut tower bar probably wont fit. Is this the case, and if it is what can i do about it, cause i would really not like to destroy my cars handling. And also if anyone knows of a good how to guide to install the spacer please let me know. thanks

No it won't fit Im in the process of finding another.............Strut bar

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-19-2006, 09:26 PM
Touring Member

Isn't it the same thickness as the Motordyne one fir the 350? If so, Motordyne comes with longer bolts and spacers for the strutbar.

You could go to the hardware store and get longer bolts and washers to do the same thing. It will just be a little tougher because the washer stacks will want to move around and fall off before you get the bolts though the strutbar. To help, you could use tape to hold them in place while you position the bar. Don't overspace though or the bar will rub on the hood.

Chris

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-26-2006, 07:02 PM

Beware! I bought a very cool low milage used 2005 Blue 350z that the original owner installed the Skunk 2 Spacer. He removed the shock tower strut because it wouldn't fit without hitting the hood. Oh by the way the plitium with the spacer is hitting the hood. I am going to remove it and take it back to stock. I am told that he notified Skunk 2 but he recieved no reply. If anyone has used the spacer with success please let me know. zblues
Sponsored Links
Advertisement